Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

johantrust

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 1, 2021
Using Bootcamp on the Macbook Pro 16", my Bluetooth headset is only being recognized as a playback device and not a recording device. I've tried two other headsets, but they are only recognized as headphones with no mic. Frustrating! Please help me!

Deloresturner

macrumors newbie
Oct 4, 2021
780 Cameron Road
Using Bootcamp on the Macbook Pro 16", my Bluetooth headset is only being recognized as a playback device and not a recording device. I've tried two other headsets, but they are only recognized as headphones with no mic. Frustrating! Please help me!
Hello, I think you should calibrate the mic in your headphones first. How to find out if your headphone mic is working properly? Because we never understand that there is a problem with our mic or anything related to it. So test your microphone once. that will help you understand the problem.

Kimmo_

macrumors newbie
Jun 11, 2021
I've got the same issue. 2 Bluetooth headsets work fine on other laptops but only recognized as playback devices on MBP 16" with bootcamp. Reading elsewhere it seems the bootcamp drivers do not support the Bluetooth microphone profile. Frustrating as this is.
I haven't been able to find a workaround so far.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.