Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ppdix

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 6, 2001
Miami Beach
Since beta 5 or 6 of iOS12 I've had problems reconnecting Bluetooth to my 2 cars. Both are 2018 Audi.
The connection shows "Connected" but it doesn't work. I have to manually turn off BT in the iPhone X and turn on, then it works fine until I stop the car and it loses the connection.
It happens in both cars.

bigboy29

macrumors 6502
May 19, 2016
Hmmm... have you filed this in Feedback?

I have had zero problems with my car or motorcycle headset, but if I had an issue like this, here would be my troubleshooting steps:

- Remove the phone from the car and car from the phone; re-pair from the start and see if it fixes it. If not - continue...
- Reset the phone (settings) and see if that fixes it. If not - continue...
- Reset the phone completely + restore backup

ppdix

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 6, 2001
Miami Beach
Hmmm... have you filed this in Feedback?

I have had zero problems with my car or motorcycle headset, but if I had an issue like this, here would be my troubleshooting steps:

- Remove the phone from the car and car from the phone; re-pair from the start and see if it fixes it. If not - continue...
- Reset the phone (settings) and see if that fixes it. If not - continue...
- Reset the phone completely + restore backup
I am getting an iPhone XSM Friday so I will wait and see. Thanx
[doublepost=1537388145][/doublepost]
Did you try unpairing?
https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204091

Try unpairing the device from the car also.
Then, restart and repair things.
I tried it all. I am getting an iPhone XSM Friday so I will wait and see. Thanx

iLog.Genius

macrumors 601
Feb 24, 2009
Toronto, Ontario
Having huge issues with iOS 12 with iDrive 6. Frequent disconnects/reconnects with bluetooth audio (have not experienced bluetooth drop out with telephone). Ever since Apple released iOS x.xx (forgot which version) and it was widespread issue with iOS and car bluetooth, iOS bluetooth connectivity has never been a reliable thing.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.