Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

beeinformed

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 30, 2010
Hi,

I'm thinking of getting a Bluetooth keyboard case for the iPad Mini Retina and would appreciate any suggestions for one. Thanks!

JonMPLS

macrumors 68000
May 23, 2010
MN
Hi,

I'm thinking of getting a Bluetooth keyboard case for the iPad Mini Retina and would appreciate any suggestions for one. Thanks!

I read a lot of reviews on keyboards and looked at a lot of designs before buying one. Here was what I wanted:
1. A case that protected the back of the iPad rMini, not just a keyboard.
2. A lot of adjustment in angle. I did not like the idea of a fixed angle. Smooth adjustment allows control over glare.
3. Nice typing feel. For this I had to rely on reviews, as you can't find most of these to try out.

So for me there are really two choices. The Zagg Folio and the ClamCase Pro.

I went with the ClamCase pro, but the Zagg looks tempting too.
Pros for ClamCase: Unique hinge design yields more options. Great keyboard feel. Perhaps a slightly more "conventional" key layout than the Zagg.
Pros for Zagg: Backlit keyboard looks nice. Two colors to choose from.

Both add about the same weight.

ClamCase has a coupon at the site, so pricing is about the same. If you want more photos, I posted a few here.

Edit: Just looking around at reviews of the new Zagg Keyboard Folio for Air and rMini, and a little surprised to see a few reports that the iPad screen actually cracked, perhaps do to the hinge design. Not a lot of reports, but kind of spooky anyway.

Last edited:

DancyMunchkin

macrumors member
Mar 19, 2014
Edit: Just looking around at reviews of the new Zagg Keyboard Folio for Air and rMini, and a little surprised to see a few reports that the iPad screen actually cracked, perhaps do to the hinge design. Not a lot of reports, but kind of spooky anyway.
Source?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.