Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AnthonyFlower

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 4, 2011
UK
Hi

I have a 2011 iMac running the latest Mavericks. My Bluetooth Keyboard has stopped working on one user account, but works fine on the others (I'm typing this from my wife's account on the same computer). It is completely unresponsive from the login window on, I have to click 'switch user' to get to the main login options to choose my account so I can enter a password but after that nothing. The keyboard shows as connected.

I have tried:

Restarting the Mac - Nothing changed.

Disconnecting the keyboard and re-pairing - This was odd actually, during the pairing it registered me typing the code to pair it but as soon as it was paired it didn't work again.

I suppose if I can't fix it I can create a new user account and move everything across, setup my software again, remember all my passwords etc. etc. but that really isn't how I wanted to spend my entire Sunday.

Can anyone think of a quick fix for this instead?

Thanks in advance!!

Last edited:

AnthonyFlower

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 4, 2011
UK
Update:

If I use the 'Keyboard Character Viewer' I can see key presses for the following keys only, so these work, the rest do not:

fn
ctrl
alt
cmd
all arrow keys
shift
tab
esc
delete

The rest do not work on my account but as stated before all keys work perfectly on other accounts on this computer.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.