Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Suspended
Original poster
Jan 18, 2005
I'm after a really savvy, but simply styled bluetooth keyboard to match my PowerBook. HAS to be bluetooth, no USB dongles wanted.

Any models I should really look out for/avoid? How much are they likely to cost too?

Thanks!

Suspended
Original poster
Jan 18, 2005
Not a fan of those big chunky keys, ideally after something that feels as close the PowerBook keyboard as possible. so long as it has those flat laptop keys.

alexstein

macrumors 6502a
Aug 23, 2004
Maybe check out the Logitech diNovo line. That keyboard is rather flat. I use the Apple Keyboard with my iBook and I just love it. diNovo

Good Luck

ozone

macrumors 6502
Feb 18, 2004
Ontario, Canada
Hmmm... I tried the diNovo in a store. It felt almost "too flat" if that makes any sense, but that's probably just my preference. Either that, or the store model was pounded to crap by store goers.

You're looking for a "permanent" desktop bluetooth keyboard I assume? I hear Stowaway is coming out with a revised, portable BT foldable keyboard.

adk

macrumors 68000
Nov 11, 2005
Stuck in the middle with you
Raggedjimi, I was in almost the exact same boat as you. I wasn't crazy about the apple keyboard, I wanted something nice and slim. I looked at the DiNovo, but I decided it was too expensive. There are really no other nice BT keyboards out there. I settled for the apple one, and I'm glad I did because I use the volume/eject keys all the time.

mpw

Jun 18, 2004
There's normally a keyboard on the bottom half of the PowerBook, just below the screen...

Ever thought about a FrogPad?

Suspended
Original poster
Jan 18, 2005
Looks like I'll wait for my perfect bluetooth keyboard. see the whole plan was to get a wireless keyboard (already have a wireless mouse) and to use my computer on the big monitor from afar. Sorta like a big remote control in its own way.

Anywho I'm going out into town tomorrow to carry on my quest. maybe theres a little known good BT keyboard out there just waiting for me.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.