Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kntgsp

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 27, 2004
Hey I'm looking to replace my Sony Ericsson t616 and get a smart/pda phone with bluetooth, rather than buying a zire72 and keeping my current phone. That way I have less things to lug around. I know there's the P900 and the Tmobile Blackberry 7100t. I don't give a rat's @ss about a camera in it, since I have a 5.1 mp camera already. I just need a pda/smart phone that can do this:

1. Work with a bluetooth headset
2. Sync with calendar and address book
3. Have either grafitti input or qwerty keyboard (no t9)

The P910 is supposed to come out soon, but who knows and i'm looking to do all this within the next month or so. Plus the 910 will probbaly be $800 when it first comes out just like the P900 was (even though there are no camera improvements in the 910, just the better screen and a cheap qwerty keyboard). I've seen P900's on ebay for like 400-500, so anybody have any other suggestions. Provider doesn't matter, as I was thinking of switching anyways since ATT blows.

Thanks. Either post or drop me a line at lindkarl@earthlink.net

munkle

macrumors 68030
Aug 7, 2004
On a jet plane
By only wanting a QWERTY keyboard you're limiting your choices are a bit, other than the phones you have already mentioned there is the Nokia 9300 or the Communicator series. Not sure how great they sync with the Mac though, not at all I think.

Or look at the Palm Smartphones

Here's a list of devices presently compatible with iSync: list.

Personally I would go for the P900, it's compatible with iSync and prices are going down due to the introduction of the P910i. It's a little bit bulky but definitely smaller than carrying two devices round with you :)

kntgsp

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 27, 2004
The treo 610 looks good, any news on when that's coming out or how much it'll cost? That'll give me more options. P900 P910 Treo 610 and the blackberry. :cool:

kjgnola

macrumors regular
Aug 17, 2004
New Orleans
Motorola V600

Great phone, bad battery and doesn't work wiht iSync via BT. If it does in the next release it will be a great phone. I just jumped the gun on it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.