Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Rajratan

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 20, 2019
So guys I have bought a Rapoo MT750S bluetooth mouse. Which is a Chinese mouse and a copy of a Logitech MX Master. I have heard that this mouse really works great in windows but, I have bought it for MBA 2017. The company in their operating system requirements didn't mention that it works on Mac OS X but, also didn't mention that it doesn't work. Yes, their features of mouse and software is only available for windows and I know that. But, I still decided to buy this mouse for Mac and using it by a third party software called "Steer mouse".
Now the problem part: The mouse came with a 2.4g usb receiver with which its working fine but, the mouse BLUETOOTH doesn't even connect to the MacBook air's bluetooth and it has both 3.0 and 4.0 bluetooth and they both are not connecting. I tried pairing the mobile with the mouse even there the pairing didn't work.

You guy's would say why you would buy a mouse which doesn't support Mac OS X and I agree with you totally but, there were users who were using this mouse on MacBooks and said using a third party software its working really fine but they did "complain frequent disconnection of bluetooth" But, mine doesn't even connect once. I don't want to use it with a usb receiver because MBA 2017 has only two USB ports I don't want to take the risk of loosening or damaging it cause it might or might not get repaired and why pay $40 for a bluetooth mouse to only use it with a usb receiver.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2019-07-21 at 7.44.08 PM.png
    Screenshot 2019-07-21 at 7.44.08 PM.png
    921.9 KB · Views: 336
  • Screenshot 2019-07-21 at 7.44.33 PM.png
    Screenshot 2019-07-21 at 7.44.33 PM.png
    926 KB · Views: 250
  • Screenshot 2019-07-21 at 8.03.53 PM.png
    Screenshot 2019-07-21 at 8.03.53 PM.png
    288.2 KB · Views: 193
Last edited:

Rajratan

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 20, 2019
Does the mouse work on a PC? Did you try it on another Mac?
yes I tried and its bluetooth is not working on pc too.... but theirs a good news I found the software for Mac of this mouse...the manufacturers had drivers for Mac too...But...the software is not as customisable as it is on pc....it's like they just gave it so it will be workable for Mac users. but, glad atleast they provided that. But the bluetooth connectivity problem is still there both on pc and Mac.

Rajratan

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 20, 2019
Sounds like a defective product to me.
Hmm...maybe or maybe not cause how can a defective product work with a usb receiver but, when you try to use bluetooth it won't work?? And 3.0 and 4.0 both bluetooth are not working. I don't know why but it seems to me that i must be doing something wrong or the product might be defective.
What i feel is that i might get the same problem even when i try to replace the mouse. I buyed this on aliexpress for $32 they have given a 15 days of checking the product that it is okay...if not than i have to open a dispute with the seller.

Attachments

• IMG_20190722_233504.jpg
    IMG_20190722_233504.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 226

Rajratan

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 20, 2019
Hey the good news is the mouse isn't defective... and its working fine...and Yes I'm using the bluetooth 3.0 of it..!!!
I knew that I was doing something wrong in this. The button which is provided to change the channel from 3.0 to 4.0 bluetooth is the same button to be used for pairing by clicking on computer screen connect and pressing and holding the same button will connect the mouse to any bluetooth device. :) BTW thank you very much for replying in the thread.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2019-07-23 at 2.01.44 PM.png
    Screenshot 2019-07-23 at 2.01.44 PM.png
    221 KB · Views: 271
Reactions: Audit13
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.