Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mlody

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Nov 11, 2012
Windy City
Recently, discovered that our 2013 TSX is having Bluetooth problems. I am not sure if the issues are related to iPhones and iOS 10 at this point (there were some early Bluetooth problems with iOS 10 and iPhone 7's but our iPhones are not 7), so perhaps anyone here could chime in a bit. I tried 3 different phones (two iPhone 6S and one iPhones 6), all running the latest 10.1.1 iOS and the problem exists across all.

There is a constant static noise generated when on a call, but the thing is, the noise is only audible to the person that is not in the car, but on the other side, meaning, everything sounds perfect while in the car, but people on the other side keep hearing constant static noise. Bluetooth audio streaming works just fine, including controls (track up and down etc), the phones stay connected and do not have any issues with the disconnects etc.

Does this look like a iOS software issue or is the Bluetooth in the car going bad?

Does anyone here have a same car that works fine with the latest iOS and iPhone 6/6S ?

iEric_pr

macrumors newbie
Nov 14, 2016
I have an Acura TL 2014 and I'm having the same problem. I believe its the iOS because i tested my iPad also with iOS 10.1 and Bluetooth cuts off. hopefully .2 will fix this because it's starting to be annoying..

apolloa

Suspended
Oct 21, 2008
Time, because it rules EVERYTHING!
Recently, discovered that our 2013 TSX is having Bluetooth problems. I am not sure if the issues are related to iPhones and iOS 10 at this point (there were some early Bluetooth problems with iOS 10 and iPhone 7's but our iPhones are not 7), so perhaps anyone here could chime in a bit. I tried 3 different phones (two iPhone 6S and one iPhones 6), all running the latest 10.1.1 iOS and the problem exists across all.

There is a constant static noise generated when on a call, but the thing is, the noise is only audible to the person that is not in the car, but on the other side, meaning, everything sounds perfect while in the car, but people on the other side keep hearing constant static noise. Bluetooth audio streaming works just fine, including controls (track up and down etc), the phones stay connected and do not have any issues with the disconnects etc.

Does this look like a iOS software issue or is the Bluetooth in the car going bad?

Does anyone here have a same car that works fine with the latest iOS and iPhone 6/6S ?

It's a feature of the iPhone or iOS, one or the other because my iPhone 6S did it and my 7 does it, my Nexus 5 in the same car is perfectly fine. Another wining Apple feature for you. My car is not a Acura.

elizabeth_dr

macrumors newbie
Aug 22, 2017

This is a late reply but maybe it will help someone else. There is a handsfree defect with this model and year. The issue is with the microphone. Acura Warranty claim information here: https://honda.oemdtc.com/253/buzzin...-call-2009-2014-acura-tsx-2013-2014-acura-ilx

TH5620

macrumors member
Jan 29, 2016
Mx
anybody else having trouble with iOS 11 and Honda and Acura Bluetooth systems?

• Low playback volume with stored audio
    Low volume on Bluetooth calls making the call impossible
    Contact names will not populate over numbers
    Voice commands from Bluetooth HandsFreeLink no longer work

10.3.3 works fine but iOS 11 does not.

iOS 11 not working as expected with Acura TLX 2015 with technology package.

mlody

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Nov 11, 2012
Windy City
Bluetooth is working fine in our 2013 TSX and 2014 TL tech. Both phones are iphone 6s running 11.0.1

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.