Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ajnicho

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 24, 2008
So I just got a Set of Sony Bluetooth Speakers.

Do I need to go in to my settings, connect to bluetooth device then go in to ipod everytime i want to play through them?

I kind of expected it to pop up with an option of what to play it through, or even a setting in ipod to change the output.

Also, why cant i control the music on my bluetooth device through the AVCRP? profile.

macgizmoguy

macrumors newbie
Apr 11, 2009
CA, USA
So I just got a Set of Sony Bluetooth Speakers.

Do I need to go in to my settings, connect to bluetooth device then go in to ipod everytime i want to play through them?

I kind of expected it to pop up with an option of what to play it through, or even a setting in ipod to change the output.

Also, why cant i control the music on my bluetooth device through the AVCRP? profile.

The AVCRP protocol stack isn't supported (yet?) on iPhone 3.0 OS, only PAUSE/PLAY. ( See this article on Mac-iPhone Bluetooth Support ) -- And in particular check out the link to Dan Frake's article that's very helpful on how-to manage your Bluetooth setup, what you can and can't do, and some insightful workarounds.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.