Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tranceking26

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 16, 2013
So I've been trying out bluetooth transmitters for this iPod, and I'm having mixed results. I use Airpods 3.

First device, connected by 30 pin, sort of worked, but was soo loud and I couldn't turn the volume down. Refunded for that.

Second device, connected by AUX, which I'm using right now, works well after raising and tweaking the volume limit. Trouble is it stutters at times and the range isn't perfect.

Does anybody have any tips for the stuttering/range, or can you recommend anything else? I have till November to send this second one back for a refund, and I am open to trying something else. Thanks in advance!

arw

macrumors 65816
Aug 31, 2010
FYI everything connected by 30 pin uses the iPods Line Out which makes it impossible to use the iPods volume control.
I have no recommendation but as it fits the topic, DankPods put a Bluetooth transmitter inside his iPod and can even charge it with via the iPod:

Reactions: tranceking26

tranceking26

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 16, 2013
FYI everything connected by 30 pin uses the iPods Line Out which makes it impossible to use the iPods volume control.
Ah that explains my first try then.

Thanks for sharing the video, I wonder if he'd have had more luck with a different transmitter for his Airpods.

tranceking26

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 16, 2013
For anybody who might come across this one day, my 4th attempt has been a success.

This one works pretty well, not the best range but I can live with that.

It's so nice not having to worry about dropping my iPod!

Smithzohn

macrumors newbie
Oct 31, 2022
USA
So I've been trying out bluetooth transmitters for this iPod, and I'm having mixed results. I use Airpods 3.

First device, connected by 30 pin, sort of worked, but was soo loud and I couldn't turn the volume down. Refunded for that.

Second device, connected by AUX, which I'm using right now, works well after raising and tweaking the volume limit. Trouble is it stutters at times and the range isn't perfect.

Does anybody have any tips for the stuttering/range, or can you recommend anything else? I have till November to send this second one back for a refund, and I am open to trying something else. Thanks in advance!
same advance, i need

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.