Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mary H

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 11, 2007
Canada
Good morning,

I am attempting to print a booklet about 44 pages. I have found the booklet option for printing and it is printing in the correct order but my print area has shrunk quite a bit. Instead of a .5" margin at the top and bottom, I have 1 1/2" margin at the top and 1" at the bottom.
I have tried creating a borderless letter page. I have tried changing the margin sizes, both reducing the top and bottom to 0, and increasing the sides and centre to .75" and putting the heading and footer in at .1". I have tried changing the paper size to larger than 8.5X11. The font size is also significantly smaller than on the screen, although that will be an easy problem to fix. I have tried exporting it to pdf and printing as a booklet, but I still have the same issue. When I look at the selection on the print page all of the pages look like they should be filling the space properly.

Any help greatly appreciated,
Mary

MacBook Pro, 2021, 14in, M1
Sonoma 14.4.1
Pages 14.0 (7039.0.94)
Brother MFC-L2730DW series

wonderings

macrumors 6502a
Nov 19, 2021
Can't help you with doing this in pages, but you could try and make a PDF of your imposed file at 100% then print from the PDF in Acrobat at 100%. Unless your printer is adjusting things this should work without issue.

If you want, you could also send me the file and I could quickly impose for you on an 11 x 8.5 sheet and give you a PDF. This would fold to be a 5.5 x 8.5 book.

Mary H

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 11, 2007
Canada
Can't help you with doing this in pages, but you could try and make a PDF of your imposed file at 100% then print from the PDF in Acrobat at 100%. Unless your printer is adjusting things this should work without issue.

If you want, you could also send me the file and I could quickly impose for you on an 11 x 8.5 sheet and give you a PDF. This would fold to be a 5.5 x 8.5 book.
Actually my pdf file did the same thing. In booklet I had no option to change the size to fit. I'm still working on getting it to fit. I don't give up easy :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.