Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

blairh

macrumors 603
Original poster
Dec 11, 2007
Bookmarks on the iPhone are now accessed via a tab in the upper left? Why?! It's perfect as it is in the lower right.

Also it's now an extra step. It automatically appeared previously as you scrolled down. Now it requires you to take the extra step of taping the address bar. So we've gone from being able to easily access the bookmarks tab in the lower right to having to tap the address bar and then tap the upper left. :mad:

Screen Shot 2021-06-08 at 9.35.22 AM.png

Reactions: bmac89 and Lexio

leman

macrumors Core
Oct 14, 2008
Submit this feedback to Apple. This is still the first beta, there are plenty of opportunities to change things.

Personally, I don’t really see the problem though? My bookmarks show as easily selectable shortcuts on screen when I tap the address bar?

blairh

macrumors 603
Original poster
Dec 11, 2007
Submit this feedback to Apple. This is still the first beta, there are plenty of opportunities to change things.

Personally, I don’t really see the problem though? My bookmarks show as easily selectable shortcuts on screen when I tap the address bar?
Forget the shortcuts. I'm talking about accessing your bookmarks list. Now it's an extra step and an awkwardly placed button.

leman

macrumors Core
Oct 14, 2008
Forget the shortcuts. I'm talking about accessing your bookmarks list. Now it's an extra step and an awkwardly placed button.

Ah, I see what you mean. I don’t use bookmarks much so I missed it. Anyway, do submit feedback to Apple. I think they should make the bookmarks more easily accessible from the shortcut screen.

Reactions: !!!

blairh

macrumors 603
Original poster
Dec 11, 2007
Ah, I see what you mean. I don’t use bookmarks much so I missed it. Anyway, do submit feedback to Apple. I think they should make the bookmarks more easily accessible from the shortcut screen.
Where though? There is no page for mobile Safari.

blairh

macrumors 603
Original poster
Dec 11, 2007
Wait, you have to hit a menu button (upper left) to access bookmarks on the iPad now? Is this true? I'm seeing that is the case in landscape mode. Also in portrait too?! :mad:

Screen Shot 2021-06-08 at 1.42.26 PM.png

calmelb

macrumors member
Jul 12, 2016
Wait, you have to hit a menu button (upper left) to access bookmarks on the iPad now? Is this true? I'm seeing that is the case in landscape mode. Also in portrait too?! :mad:
You can leave that menu open just like the old ipad safari if you wanted to

calmelb

macrumors member
Jul 12, 2016
Then I guess you have to get used to it as I really doubt too much will change, since its now consistent theming from iOS (landscape), to iPadOS, to macOS

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.