Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wilsonlaidlaw

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 29, 2008
When I first got an iPad in 2012, the iBooks App worked pretty well and I actually preferred it to the Kindle app, especially as I had quite a large library of ePubs and a cheap source for more of them. However over the years it seems to have deteriorated into a complete mess. It seems to insist on moving books, losing books, only rarely reopens directly at last page read, freezes and crashes. I have tried all the usual remedies, such as resetting my iPads, reloading via a cable from back up on a Mac, force reloading of books via iCloud but it stubbornly refuses to behave properly. Kindle now works far better and more logically than Books and only very rarely has glitches, with slow loading or very occasional loading freeze on iOS 15.2, the only problems.

The problem seems to me to be that programmers/coders at Apple seem to think they have to keep making unneeded, fatuous and unwanted alterations to the apps for which they are responsible, presumably to justify their excessive salaries. They would do well to remember the old and very sensible adage: "If it ain't broke; don't fix it"

Wilson

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.