Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pedzsan

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 22, 2016
Leander, TX
This post may get down voted... I've had trouble with the way iOS puts the settings for an app in the Settings app. The other problem I have is things in the Settings app are not alphabetized so I have to search to find things.

But today's experience is unique. The default daily reading goal is 5 minutes. I wanted to change it to 15 minutes. Turns out, its not in the Settings app but is near the bottom of the "Reading Now" page in the Books app itself.

Without DDG, I would never have found it. Well... maybe I would have looked in the iOS 13 book.

Big Bad D

macrumors 6502a
Jan 3, 2007
France
One of the first things I searched on how to disable. When I read books it’s for fun and depending on time available, not any kind of goal. But agreed not at all intuitive where to find settings.

Reactions: pedzsan

pedzsan

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 22, 2016
Leander, TX
I have a speech impediment and curiously hiding away alone in my house appears to have affected my speech. I'm guessing that it is due to a lack of me speaking out loud.

I've started reading aloud for 15 minutes a day and it (again) appears to be helping -- although there are a lot of conflicting experiences. Something about sleeping also helps but I've yet to figure that out.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.