Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TomTheTank

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 24, 2023
So I'm trying to sort out some issues with my MacOs Books.

1. If I added a new book to the Mac App it used to bring it over to the iOS one and it no longer does that.
  2. All the books disappeared from the MacOS Books app and I'd like them to come back.
My gut says maybe CleanMyMac did this...

Anyways, I tried

1. Signing in and out of icloud on the Mac
  2. Tried toggling Sync collections on/off in the Books settings for both iOS and Mac
  3. I tried pulling up the actual iBooks folder from iCloud Drive using terminal. Then dragging them into the Books app. Via this https://apple.stackexchange.com/questions/296462/locating-the-ibooks-folder-in-icloud-drive
  4. Tried going into Time Machine to locate the books but the oldest backup just showed them in the iCloud.
This worked a little. But, it only imported the books I had "downloaded from iCloud to my iOS device" and these aren't from the Apple Store. Also, weirdly I tried to download another to my device after and trying the terminal thing again doesn't let me take that book and move it into Mac Books. Bookmarks do sync for the stuff in ebook format.

But, this isn't even a workable solution.

Anyone got any ideas? This is super upsetting.

Also, how would I prevent my Books app from losing everything again.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.