Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

HALE101

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 17, 2018
I have used all the versions from Boom , Boom 2 and now the 3D version . It still amazes me how much better music sounds on your AirPods or your MacBook Pro speakers, I have heard lots of people say it will blow out your speakers , but I don't think its possible on the 2016/2017 Macbooks. Anybody else love it as much as I do?

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Is this some sort of an iPhone/iPad app that makes the device sound louder (or louder output on your headphones)?

dandrewmyers

macrumors newbie
Jan 26, 2019
I got Boom 3D a few months back on 2013 MacBook Pro, never had previous versions of Boom. I'll say that Boom 3D does improve sound. I'm impressed with sound improvement/boost on bluetooth headphones, Turtle Beach 600 Stealth. Also, provides nice sound quality boost to external speakers. I got MacBook connected via HDMI to 32" Vizio TV which is in turn connected via optical cable to Bose 3-piece speaker system. Even through HDMI and then optical connection, Boom 3D makes real nice improvement of sound coming through Bose external speakers, better base and more depth to music. Not sure Boom is worth money for just improving MacBook internal speakers. I think makes sense if trying to improve sound quality/boost of headphones or external speakers.

Jimmie Geddes

macrumors 6502a
Jun 25, 2007
I LOVE Boom on my MacBook Pro and iPhone Xs Max. I don't know how they do it, but it makes everything sound crisper and louder than both devices without Boom.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.