Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

PHARAOHk

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 19, 2003
This bag is expensive and heavy. But I do think you get what you pay for.
All of the hardware is top notch. I have never seen zippers this nice! Even the clips usually found to be plastic are half metal. They look like a "w" inserted into a "t". The "t" part is metal. The only exception being a single clip for your keys inside one of the flaps is not up to par.
I am not so sure about the suspension system to hold the computer. It does keep it suspended a couple inches from the bottom of the bag so I guess it works. There isn't that much padding to speak of but the cloth is very durable.
The bag is mostly black but on some inside flaps there is a cool shiny silky material with the companies logo everywhere. Lots of pockets but they couldn't hold as much as I thought. The accordion pocket was not designed as well as I had anticipated. Instead of the usual heavy material for the "bridge" that allows the bag to get bigger it is the silky material. Maybe it would hold but I would have chosen to use the heavy stuff.
It does happen to be a very comfortable bag. More so then any bag I have tried. It can be carried by the handle or shoulder strap. It's a very good shape to carry over the shoulder for me. It is also very attractive and understated with some metallic accents on the front logo and every zipper .
I have to say that this looked to me to be the best bag for my needs. It unfortunately is not big enough so I am returning it. I will estimate what it can hold:
-PB
-power supply
-camera
-cables
-5 CDs in jewel cases
-5 magazines
-1 portable HD
-cell phone
-1 soft novel
I think I will try the Chrome bags "roadie case". I am fixated on a hard case because I don't feel soft cases really offer enough protection. Obviously the roadie can't hold as much as the booq but I would feel more comfortable with my most important equipment (computer) in such a hard case and other stuff in a small bag. I would be carrying two bags as it is now and my computer would still be in a soft bag.
Hope this helped.

(((k)))

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.