Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cagri123

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 15, 2016
Hello,

This is a Late 2015 27" iMac with 1TB NVMe SSD and 2TB SATA SSD on it. MacOS is installed on NVMe and I'd like to install Windows 10 in a partition on the SATA drive.

Whatever I did Boot Camp Assistant does not offer an option to install it onto the SATA drive. I tried different formats / partitions on that drive but I get only offered to install Windows on the primary drive (NVMe).

This Apple document clearly states that the Assistant would offer an option if there was more than one internal SSDs. https://support.apple.com/en-gb/guide/bootcamp-assistant/bcmp173b3bf2/mac

When I start Boot Camp Assistant from the terminal it produces a verbose output and it is clearly recognising and scanning both SSDs however in the end it simply says "Found our target disk: disk2" without offering me an option to select disk4.

Furthermore, when I created an ExFat partition on the SATA SSD boot camp assistant recognises this as a Windows installation and offers the option to remove it.

Any experiences with such a two-SSD scenario and how to resolve it ?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.