Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

vance09

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 8, 2009
Its quite a procedure to download boot camp drivers for windows 11, is there anyplace where one can just get a download of drivers
looking for graphic card drivers, windows 11 has just picked Microsoft display works fine but i though it might be better to have
boot camp drivers

vance09

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 8, 2009
do you have to be in mac os to get bootcamp drivers or can you be in say win10 or 11

tinygoblin

macrumors regular
Feb 20, 2022
Use Brigadier if you're in Windows. It will download and extract PKG for your specific Mac model. Execute it from Command Prompt as brigadier --model=MacBookPro16,1. If you don't know you Mac's model, find your Mac by model year and configuration on EveryMac.com, the model will be on top of description.

BTW if you Mac is equipped with AMD GPU it may be worth trying both links: latest official ADM GPU drivers for Boot Camp (game compatibility lacking, but stability is best), latest ported AMD GPU drivers (certified, best game compatibility, may not work correctly in some configurations, test several versions if you experience problems).

Last edited:

hwojtek

macrumors 68020
Jan 26, 2008
Poznan, Poland
Brigadier, yes, however Windows do a pretty good job of selecting the correct drivers. Most issues come from sound (refer to Realtek HD drivers to resolve) and Bluetooth (Brigadier to the rescue) drivers. For video - always use the manufacturers' drivers for best performance.
If you don't know you Mac's model, find your Mac by model year and configuration on EveryMac.com, the model will be on top of description.
Open "About this Mac", select "System Report", click on "Hardware" - the Mac model in "typenumber,number" format will be displayed in the right-hand pane. That's the only way to be sure.

tinygoblin

macrumors regular
Feb 20, 2022
One can also find out Mac model by using Command Prompt command systeminfo or by diving to Windows Registry at Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\HARDWARE\DESCRIPTION\System\BIOS (in SystemProductName and BaseBoardVersion fields) if he doesn't want to touch macOS or EveryMac.com altogether. Command Prompt command will read your Mac's firmware version as well (including BridgeOS version if you happen to have T2-equipped Mac).

Last edited:
Reactions: hwojtek

vance09

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 8, 2009
I will try this , so far the 2 mac's are running perfect with how windows set it up but would like at least the manufactures graphics card

vance09

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 8, 2009
thanks , my macbook pro is 13.3 and i downloaded the bootcamp esd package for the 13.3
now how do i open this package or install it as its not an exe
Do i need to go into windows CMD to get brigsdier to become a runable program

Last edited:

DeltaMac

macrumors G5
Jul 30, 2003
Delaware
A .esd file is an Electronic Software Download, and is used by Windows automatically during the update process, so no need to open it manually.
But, you probably have to convert that .esd file to a .WIM, then copy it into the Windows image that you already have.
Doesn't the site where you downloaded the ESD have the steps to do that?

vance09

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 8, 2009
A .esd file is an Electronic Software Download, and is used by Windows automatically during the update process, so no need to open it manually.
But, you probably have to convert that .esd file to a .WIM, then copy it into the Windows image that you already have.
Doesn't the site where you downloaded the ESD have the steps to do that?
no I followed an above link and thats the download I got
i have worked with computers a fair while but all this is quite different(github, brigadier0 all new stuff to me but learning slowly
I find the mac's run windows better that pc's running windows faster

vance09

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 8, 2009

Attachments

• alarm.JPG
    alarm.JPG
    22.3 KB · Views: 77

hwojtek

macrumors 68020
Jan 26, 2008
Poznan, Poland
You were told to use Brigadier, designed to work around the problems like this. Why do you try to do it otherwise? What's the point of asking for help on forums and then doing something else than what people helping you said?

Reactions: tinygoblin

tinygoblin

macrumors regular
Feb 20, 2022

vance09

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 8, 2009
thanks naybe the macbook pro 13.3 might have been outdated
can you ship the link...better still just please ship where you got these from

vance09

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 8, 2009
You were told to use Brigadier, designed to work around the problems like this. Why do you try to do it otherwise? What's the point of asking for help on forums and then doing something else than what people helping you said?
sorry about that i did not have good success with brigadier, downloaded it but was not able to run it
and I do appreciate all the help here and i am getting someplace

vance09

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 8, 2009
yes finally I realized that the winrar I used does not work with these files , took me a while (not following directions to the letterT )
but getting there can you send the link for brigadier or do I just use the above
again sorry for being odd here , its sort of new to me but I appreciate where its getting me
I have 2 old 2009/10 macpro's both running win11 and mione the macpro 7.1 is running win 11 very well
thanks again

Last edited:

bogdanw

macrumors 603
Mar 10, 2009
MacBookPro 13,3 041-88737
link
Code:
https://swcdn.apple.com/content/downloads/25/38/041-88737-A_IXJZSM8OLV/fq3xy3duoq3xqp9o2sa8dkjtz5wvjaojhq/BootCampESD.pkg

Download and unarchive three times with 7zip https://www.7-zip.org like this

tinygoblin

macrumors regular
Feb 20, 2022
got it and I understand the 3x's also need macpro 7.1, 5.1 and 4.1
There you have it buddy:
MacPro7,1 — https://swcdn.apple.com/content/downloads/48/55/002-34411-A_GQNVCB6UOC/m67xlo3dipbdxmdeeocd39hmxka5o9dg2k/BootCampESD.pkg
MacPro5,1 — https://swcdn.apple.com/content/downloads/57/55/041-84868-A_402D0DFI39/6uz8hhgtd4b87t00mrq0uihiop5ivumsbk/BootCampESD.pkg
MacPro4,1 — https://swcdn.apple.com/content/downloads/57/55/041-84868-A_402D0DFI39/6uz8hhgtd4b87t00mrq0uihiop5ivumsbk/BootCampESD.pkg
Dude, please, don't make me question your abilities.
Well, vance09 somehow managed to get ahold of Mac Pros worth of at least $7000, I bet he's alright! Maybe having Monster Energy too often to speed things up a bit!

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.