Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gsmornot

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Sep 29, 2014
2017 iMac with 2TB Fusion drive running 10.15.3 beta. I can install Win10 and use it without issue until I complete the final step of running the boot camp installer in Windows. It never recovers after that loads and it restarts. If I ignore loading the boot camp installer in Windows everything works fine. I was able to complete what I needed yesterday that required Windows but thought I would keep it installed for the future. I was left booting back into MacOS and clearing the partition.

Any ideas for things I might check and do I have to install the boot camp installer in Windows? What does it do for me if everything otherwise seems to work?

gsmornot

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Sep 29, 2014
Follow up. Apple device drivers will require a reboot after install. If you have anything USB C connected the reboot will fail. I had a cable with nothing connected to it plugged in. Once removed I can restart and use Windows without issue.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.