Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bcloonan

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 25, 2015
Sasebo, Japan
Hello all,

I am learning just enough to be dangerous. I have a new 14" MBP and am lovin' it. I have an old 2012 MBP upgraded to Catalina. I used Bootcamp to install and run Windows 10 in a dual boot configuration. I thought that I had installed everything properly using bootcamp for the Win 10 OS. Unsure how it happened but when I clicked on the bootcamp icon in the system tray to restart in os X, I was given the standard blurb that the pc would restart in OS X. That didn't happen! Instead a popup message came up telling me that the os X boot loader could not be located. I then clicked on another option that offered me the bootcamp control panel. i clicked on that and the only start up disk listed is windows 10. Luckily I have back ups for all of my data in several places. Just wondering what may have happened to the os X boot loader. My first thought is that somehow I managed to wipe the os X partition!

The reason I wanted to be able to dual boot the older 2012 MBP is that I use windows in the office and Mac is my home operating system which i much prefer.

Any ideas or recommendations are greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.