Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Khurram

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 28, 2006
So I just installed boot camp for the first time..

two problems

1. After insterting the mac drivers disc it starts to install then right at the end where it says "registering product" it freezes.

2. The bigger problem is that I dont think the wifi is being recoginzed...there is no little wifi logo in the tray nor is there any option to view available wireless networks...i'm not that much of a techie but before on all my pc's there would be a little computer icon at the bottom right of the screen in the tray from where I could right click and view avaialble networks etc..and then join..
problem is I dont have that little computer icon down there...could it be that it's not intalled cuz the driver cd wont finish installation? Why wont it finish the installation? and what can I do to go about fixing this?
thanks
khurram

Khurram

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 28, 2006
btw, I tried restarting and installing the driver cd again but it keeps getting stuck at the "registering product" part and doesn't go any further no matter what I do

Khurram

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 28, 2006
also i'm installing on a macbook..

just read the other post, seems like others are having this problem too

nspire

macrumors newbie
Sep 12, 2006
hmm sorry that i can't be of any help... works great on my macbook pro; installed easily and runs wonderfully... hope you get that sorted out bro.

Khurram

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 28, 2006
nspire said:
hmm sorry that i can't be of any help... works great on my macbook pro; installed easily and runs wonderfully... hope you get that sorted out bro.

are you running the latest version of bootcamp?
i've heard that the new update has caused some driver issues

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.