Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dmholmes

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 11, 2004
Anyone know where to get a boot disk for an original 84 Mac? I've got a boot disk for a Mac Plus, but it doesn't work in the other one.

dmholmes said:
Anyone know where to get a boot disk for an original 84 Mac? I've got a boot disk for a Mac Plus, but it doesn't work in the other one.

Well I know they need a 400k disks and have to use an old Mac to make the disks becuse new Macs don't read 400k disks, drop me an e-mail if you Need a Disk of System 1.1 on 400k Disks.

dmholmes

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 11, 2004
I can definately use boot disk for my 128k. I need to check the disk I'm using to boot my Plus and see if it is 400k floppy or not. I know I tried it in the 128k and it wouldn't boot. It may be that it just doesn't work anymore, but it does boot up to the sad Mac icon. I'm assuming if it gets that far that it will boot with the proper disk as long as the floppy drive is OK.

I have a lot of other floppy disks that came with the 128k with various games and stuff. But I don't know how I could get an OS that I download on a floppy.

Also, the 6.0.8 OS looks like it is for 800k disks. So it will not work for a 128k?

TDM21

macrumors 6502a
Jul 7, 2004
You could try the Apple support site. They released the disk images up to system 7.5.5 so you may have some luck there.

dmholmes

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 11, 2004
I'm not looking for OS 6 specifically, just whatever the latest OS that will run on the 128k. The OS 1.1 would be good to have also, how much for those?

dmholmes

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 11, 2004
I'm not sure how to put a value on the boot disks. I did look at your site, but you don't sell them there, right?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.