Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

reklam

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 8, 2019
Hi,
After I downloaded the High Sierra from Apple Store that is only a few MB.
When I start it start to download the full OS, but where?
I want to create bootable usb for clean install, but I cuold not found High Sierra installer.
Could you help me pleas?

/MBP 2010 mid 15inch/

DeltaMac

macrumors G5
Jul 30, 2003
Delaware
Yeah, that "stub" download is not very helpful.
I usually use the dosdude1 patcher app to download recent macOS installers. Download the High Sierra patcher app here: http://dosdude1.com/highsierra/
You will see the link for the download in the "Things You'll Need" section.
Run the app. You can download High Sierra from the menu. The app is designed to support patching the installer to use on unsuppported Macs, but you don't have to add the patches, just download the installer. The patcher app puts the downloaded installer app in your normal downloads folder, I think. I suggest saving a copy to another drive before you try to use it (just so you have an undisturbed copy saved somewhere :cool: )

reklam

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 8, 2019
Hi,
That is not good.
I did it a year ago, I know it save somewhere, but I forgot where.
Only have to found the location, what I forgot.

reklam

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 8, 2019
Hi,
I found how to found the files, but I do not kow how to create usb from it.
When you download that 22MB file from apple store, and start it, after license agree there is an options Where To...
you chose a usb /have to be 20GB or more/ and the installer downloading on the usb.
in the macOS Install Data folder
in this folder : installESDDmg.pkg
So now I have to found how can I create bootable usb from this file.

reklam

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 8, 2019
Hi,

Here is the solution without any patch, or any app, and this is legal :

Yeah, that "stub" download is not very helpful.
I usually use the dosdude1 patcher app to download recent macOS installers. Download the High Sierra patcher app here: http://dosdude1.com/highsierra/
You will see the link for the download in the "Things You'll Need" section.
Run the app. You can download High Sierra from the menu. The app is designed to support patching the installer to use on unsuppported Macs, but you don't have to add the patches, just download the installer. The patcher app puts the downloaded installer app in your normal downloads folder, I think. I suggest saving a copy to another drive before you try to use it (just so you have an undisturbed copy saved somewhere :cool: )

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.