Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Romahaaa

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 24, 2021
Hi guys.

I just installed Windows 11 using Bootcamp but using specific software I get the error about DirectX 11 runtime.
I tried to install it from Microsoft page, but installation never completes throwing the error:

"An internal system error occurred. Please refer to DXError.log and DirectX.log in your Windows folder to determine problem."

No log found same as no true reason. However, running dxdiag in Run on Windows it shows me DirectX 12 installed.
Seems Runtime is something different.

I am on Macbook Pro 2015 mid with AMD Radeon R9 M370X.
Year(s) ago I isntalled Windows 10 to the same machine, but didn't have that issue.

Is there a way to fix it? Googled everywhere but no info at all.

Romahaaa

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 24, 2021
Well, launching the software it starts to install DirectX runtime automatically but no luck. When I tried to install it manually, probably it was the latest one I download at Microsoft.

Last edited:

Romahaaa

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 24, 2021
Here are the logs.. It didn't say much to me but maybe are useful

Attachments

• DirectX.txt
    42.6 KB · Views: 122
  • DXError.txt
    16.2 KB · Views: 105

RigSatMe

macrumors regular
Sep 24, 2019
I believe you installed Windows 11 via boot amp by the means of modified Windows 10 installer? Did in a different way, and everything works fine:
1. Installed Windows 10 Pro via bootcamp.
2. Booted in Windows 10 Pro
3. Upgraded to Windows 11 Pro under Windows 10 Pro.
4. Everything works perfectly
5. Windows 11 Pro receives all updates.

jav6454

macrumors Core
Nov 14, 2007
1 Geostationary Tower Plaza
I believe you installed Windows 11 via boot amp by the means of modified Windows 10 installer? Did in a different way, and everything works fine:
1. Installed Windows 10 Pro via bootcamp.
2. Booted in Windows 10 Pro
3. Upgraded to Windows 11 Pro under Windows 10 Pro.
4. Everything works perfectly
5. Windows 11 Pro receives all updates.
There is also a thing about the hardware validation Win11 does, some encryption need.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.