Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

harveypooka

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 24, 2004
I've installed BootCamp and then Windows a couple of times now. The first time I had to format my drive and install, second worked fine and now, coming to install again, it says certain files can't be moved and I must backup, format and try again.
I only want it to play a few game demos. That's it. The Console tells me nada on what's going on. Any ideas what files can't be moved? Is this a generic error or specific to each partition?

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
Freaky!!!

Not much help Sorry.. I guess this is why it's an unsupported BETA...

Try booting with your install discs and repair drive, and repair permissions and try again?

BadRambo

macrumors member
Aug 20, 2006
The only way I found (so far) to fix that situation where you get the error message is to completely erase the disk back to Apple format, then go through the entire BootCamp procedure again which will create a fresh, new NTFS partition for XP.

Good Luck -- Bob -- ;)

harveypooka

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 24, 2004
BadRambo said:
The only way I found (so far) to fix that situation where you get the error message is to completely erase the disk back to Apple format, then go through the entire BootCamp procedure again which will create a fresh, new NTFS partition for XP.

Good Luck -- Bob -- ;)

Yeah, that worked the first time too. I just really can't be bothered to format, install, backup - just to play a demo!!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.