Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rons12345

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 30, 2016
Hey all,

so I am not really a mac guy but got my mom a macmini a while ago ... unfortunately there is still programs that aren't available for mac osx 10.8.4 (can you believe it?!?!) so I had to set her up with Bootcamp and install Win7 on it.
Now after that Win7 saw the MacOSHD but couldn't write to it, so I ended up shrinking that partition and created a new Fat32 partition fromt he gained space.
To my surprise that killed/overwrote the old MBR and when booting into bootcamp there was no more Windows to be booted from ... WOW, really?!?!
Ok, fixed that through a thread on here and can now boot Win and Mac OSX 10.8.4 again as before.
The dumb thing now is that Win7 doesn't see either MacOSHD nor that newly created Fat32 Partition and no it's not an unassigned drive letter.
Discmanagement strangely enough only shows me only two of 3 disc partitions: Bootcamp and MacOSHD ... aka it doesn't see MacOSHD has been split into MacOSHD & FAT32.

Now I have read it has to do with Bootcamp only being able to recognize up to 4 partitions which I am exceeding now?!?!

There's goa be a fix right?!?! I mean this scenario is one to be able to exchange files directly between MacOS and Win, so I am sure I am not the only one with this issue?

cheers for any suggestions / help
Ron

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.