Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

NoahLearned

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 7, 2019
Hello,

I have a 2018 macbook pro 13" w/ core i5, 16gb RAM, and am running bootcamp on it.

I have my windows 10 home installed on an external samsung 1tb t5 SSD, which is a thunderbolt 3 capable drive. I also run an external gtx 1080 for rendering and gaming.

The issue I am experiencing is that my PC seems to top out at ~8.0gb RAM utilization. This is generally not an issue, but can pose problems when working in 3D graphics, or playing intensive games that require more than 8gb RAM.

I have already looked in system info, and it says that there is 14.8gb usable RAM, corroborated by a hard max of ~60% usage in task manager.

I have also tried allocating 16gb in BOOT Advanced Options in system config, to no avail.

I have tried everything I could find online, and everything I could think of, if anyone has any ideas please help me out!

Thanks,
Noah

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
What does the Resource Monitor and control panel\system show?

1573473577743.png

1573473675195.png

Odds are that windows is using all 16GB and leaving you with 8 and there's not much else you can do.

The only advice I can offer is try upping your pagefile size

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.