Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
I recently bought a 2016 MacBook Pro upon which I installed Windows 10 via bootcamp. Everything worked like a charm for install however...

I'm noticing that my Windows 10 is having trouble staying connected to my home network. More times than not it is disconnected and I have to jump through hoops to get it reconnected. Anyone heard of this?

Usually I go to Network and Sharing Center in Window, where it shows the network and says I'm not connected (previously connected, so it's a known network), I ask it to troubleshoot and sometimes it works and I'm online and other times I mess with this for sometime before it decides to work. This is frustrating! Today I messed with it for about 20 minutes, gave up, typed this message at MacRumors and the next time I looked at it, it said it was connected. :p

If you've heard of this, any suggestions? Thanks!
  • My previous 2011 connects to my home network wirelessly using Windows 7 no problem.
  • My PC running W10 connected to the network wirelessly, no problems.
So I'll assume it's Windows 10 interacting with my MBP hardware is having the issue. I wonder if there is a setting within Windows that could be tweaked?

Fancuku

macrumors 65816
Oct 8, 2015
PA, USA
Most likely a driver issue caused by an earlierupdate. Have you installed all the available updates (not Bootcamp)?
I had the same problem on a Dell laptop and after running and installing the latest updates, the wifi issue was fixed.

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
Most likely a driver issue caused by an earlierupdate. Have you installed all the available updates (not Bootcamp)?
I had the same problem on a Dell laptop and after running and installing the latest updates, the wifi issue was fixed.

Hmm, well in Windows update, Windows seemed to think I've got the latest driver update and over at the Apple Community (link in my post) a group are reporting issues. The next time I'm online, I'll check the driver again. I wonder if this issue extends to PC hardware too?

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
Update: We are visiting friends and my MBP running Windows 10 (see signature) hooks right up to their home network (wifi) no issue, all though I am about 3 feet from it and at home, I'm 25 feet from it in another room. So there is something different (a setting or distance from router) about our home network where I have both a 2.5 and 5 Ghz network set up. I plan on looking at their router's settings here for comparison.

Keep in mind that when running the MacOS, my MBP has no issue connecting via wifi at home, it's just via W10.

Anything off hand a network expert might think to check? Thanks!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.