Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

LagunaSol

macrumors 601
Apr 3, 2003
I bought it both on Steam (for Mac & Windows) and PS3 in a Black Friday deal but have only played the PS3 version so far. A fantastic game. Must-buy.

FlatlinerG

Cancelled
Dec 21, 2011
Anyone play it on a late 2011 MacBook Pro yet? If its playable on the Intel 3000 then ill definitely pick it up.

Yujenisis

macrumors 6502
May 30, 2002
I bought pre-ordered Borderlands 2 on Steam and have been enjoying it thoroughly on my PC. Today, I was delighted to find my copy has been "upgraded" to SteamPlay so I can put it on my MacBook Pro.

Awesome. :D

Anyone play it on a late 2011 MacBook Pro yet? If its playable on the Intel 3000 then ill definitely pick it up.

I can't speak for how well the Mac OS X version runs compared to the PC, but Borderlands 2 scales really well on less powerful hardware.

ukraine55

macrumors newbie
Dec 6, 2012
Sacramento, CA
Amazing

Amazing game. Had to switch right mouse button with "q" in order to aim. Magic mouse has issues with aiming and shooting at the same time. Other than that, its a cool game. Worth it!!!

Huntn

macrumors Core
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
I played through just about all of the original and downloadable content (xbox). Having started BL2, my first impression is that this is more of the same. Not necessarily bad, but still happy to see it Mac native.

SingularityG

macrumors 6502
Jun 7, 2012
Why on earth would anyone buy it form the MAS? :O

You are right. It's better to go to Steam and get both OS X and Windows versions for the price of one. Plus it's probably cheaper and I think it's even on sale, right now.

But some people don't bother with Windows and using Steam is just hassle.

And there you go. Because of the invaluable and singular convenience.:)

JaguarGod

macrumors 6502
Mar 27, 2010
That was certainly my first thought.

I think there are a lot of people who would think the same thing. And again, each Mac user has their own opinion and if you are a Mac and Windows player then it would make A LOT of sense to purchase the Steam version as that is quite the deal to get both versions. But since I do not use Windows in my home anymore and have used it minimally since about '98, and the fact that I just do not really like Steam, it is nice to not be tied to it. There is a certain convenience as the other reply pointed out to the MAS.

But again, each person has their own opinion of "convenience" and this will shape their own actions.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.