Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Irishman

macrumors 68040
Nov 2, 2006
this game is available on Mac and Windows. Log into Epic games and find out. I own a Mac and just successfully downloaded it.

Like you, I love to play well-crafted and optimized games on the Mac. Have you had a chance to fire up the game yet? How well does it run on your Mac?

Freeangel1

Suspended
Original poster
Jan 13, 2020
Like you, I love to play well-crafted and optimized games on the Mac. Have you had a chance to fire up the game yet? How well does it run on your Mac?
graphics are just ok. nothing to write home about. movement is not quite fluent. kinda jittery. not really impressed. I have quite a collection of games I run locally on a pc so no big deal.

Reactions: Irishman

Irishman

macrumors 68040
Nov 2, 2006
graphics are just ok. nothing to write home about. movement is not quite fluent. kinda jittery. not really impressed. I have quite a collection of games I run locally on a pc so no big deal.

If I may, are you willing to share the specs of your Mac?

Freeangel1

Suspended
Original poster
Jan 13, 2020
If I may, are you willing to share the specs of your Mac?
27" iMac 2019. i9 with Vega 48 8GB graphics and 72gb ram.

fans were also running the whole time.

I dont normally game on my Mac. I have a separate pc for games.

Last edited:
Reactions: Irishman

Freeangel1

Suspended
Original poster
Jan 13, 2020
Already played it and Tiny Tina's on Series X. Now making my way through Sony exclusives on PS5.
PS5 is too expensive for me. I'm sticking with my PS4. A well built Alder Lake PC and PC games have better graphics than a PS5 anyway.

diamond.g

macrumors G4
Mar 20, 2007
OBX
this game is available on Mac and Windows. Log into Epic games and find out. I own a Mac and just successfully downloaded it.
Well that is awesome, it really is on macOS. I don't usually use my Mac to snag the free game so I just assumed it was Windows only.

MisterSavage

macrumors 601
Nov 10, 2018
Thanks for the heads up. Usually I have to put up with a warning about how "this game is not compatible with your operating system" message when I get the free game of the week. :D

orionquest

Suspended
Mar 16, 2022
The Great White North
27" iMac 2019. i9 with Vega 48 8GB graphics and 72gb ram.

fans were also running the whole time.

I dont normally game on my Mac. I have a separate pc for games.
Noo don't feed that troll.. ah too late. They don't even play games.

Anyhow this kinda completes my Boarderlands series. All were free on Epic at some point. Kinda curious about Tiny Tina's DLC as seems to get better interest then the main game.

Should be a good week for free stuff as they are having a sale and free give aways.

Reactions: Huntn and Irishman

Huntn

macrumors Core
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
Get Borderlines 3 Game FREE for MAC.

1 Week only!

100GB download

I picked that up for free a while back, but can’t remember the exact circumstances, likely Epic. I’ve not played it though. Most fun, if you have a friend to play with. Meanwhile , Amazon Prime gaming has a free Deadspace2 code that is good on Orion Games (EA) though the end of May.

Irishman

macrumors 68040
Nov 2, 2006
Noo don't feed that troll.. ah too late. They don't even play games.

Anyhow this kinda completes my Boarderlands series. All were free on Epic at some point. Kinda curious about Tiny Tina's DLC as seems to get better interest then the main game.

Should be a good week for free stuff as they are having a sale and free give aways.

Oh, I play games alright, I just play on my one computer - my late 2012 iMac - because upgrading every 2 years is not feasible for my budget. I have a mortgage, a car payment, and two kids in college.

There’s one thing that we have in common - a love for the Borderlands series. I got started as a way of supporting my brother in law, who was working at Gearbox and got a credit in Borderlands 2. Over time, I went back to play through BL 1 (the Enhanced Edition), and then the Pre-Sequel (not fun, except for the Claptrap DLC). When BL3 launched, and I learned that it was going to have Mac support, I made the mistake of buying it from the Steam store, which, to this day has no Mac support. That’s why I am thrilled to finally have a copy of the game for when I do upgrade my Mac!

Olive branch?

Reactions: Homy
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.