Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Raekwonthachef

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 26, 2018
Hey Lads

Just wondering, have anyone else had any problems with connecting their Bose QC35's with your mac, after updating to Mojave?

The headset is visible under bluetooth, and it pairs with no problems. But shortly after it will disconnect by itself.

Anybody experiencing the same?

Thanks

cmhsam

macrumors 6502
Jul 14, 2008
Had the same issues with High Sierra as well. Seems that even though the QC35 can pair with two devices it only outputs audio to the first device in the chain.

For example - when having my Macbook paired and my Iphone it would only output audio to one of the devices regardless which device was active. If my Mbpro was setup as the "first device" and it was in sleep mode it would not output to the Iphone until i went into the app and turned off the Mbpro.

flur

macrumors 68020
Nov 12, 2012
Had the same issues with High Sierra as well. Seems that even though the QC35 can pair with two devices it only outputs audio to the first device in the chain.

For example - when having my Macbook paired and my Iphone it would only output audio to one of the devices regardless which device was active. If my Mbpro was setup as the "first device" and it was in sleep mode it would not output to the Iphone until i went into the app and turned off the Mbpro.
I haven't had this issue either, and I have two sets of Bose headphones (the QC35s and the soundsports). FWIW, I always make my phone the first device, as I have the app on my phone. I don't know if that will help, but it might. The app is pretty buggy.

Donnacha

macrumors regular
Oct 17, 2006
I have exactly the same problem, have wasted hours trying to fix it, my expensive Bose headphones are now completely useless to me.

dawindblowz

macrumors newbie
Oct 23, 2018
Hey Lads

Just wondering, have anyone else had any problems with connecting their Bose QC35's with your mac, after updating to Mojave?

The headset is visible under bluetooth, and it pairs with no problems. But shortly after it will disconnect by itself.

Thanks
I can connect my QC-35, but my Bose Link speaker disconnect about 15 second after being connected.

Significant1

macrumors 68000
Dec 20, 2014
Hey Lads

Thanks
I have experienced that. But also on High Sierra. My solution is to use the app on my phone to connect. Which I then have to make connect too.

Must say that I don't quite see the ability to connect to two devices as an advantage. Just too must of a hassle. Maybe if I was always using the same two devices.

My Sonys is simpler in that regard. Pairing from the headset always work without needing fiddle with an app on my phone. Same goes with toggling Noise canceling.

Euxtonian

macrumors newbie
Oct 26, 2018
Hey Lads

The headset is visible under Bluetooth, and it pairs with no problems. But shortly after it will disconnect by itself.

Thanks

Fixed the same problem by downloading Bose QC35 2 software version 3.1.8 to headphones from Bose updater centre: http://btu.bose.com/?p=-1#section=connect

QC35 2 is now connecting OK again, automatically connecting to multiple paired devices (iMac, iPhone, iPad, Alexa) and also now appearing again as output device in iMac system preferences sound devices list (the headphone were not showing on the list following Mojave install until the Bose software update).

Hope this helps and works for you too.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.