Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

usmaak

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 13, 2012
This could really go in either this forum or the iPad forum.

I have a new pair of Bose QC headphones that someone gave me for Christmas this year. I’ve connected them to my iPhone, my M2 iPad Pro, and my 2021 MBP and pretty much all three of the devices have issues with them. I have noticed that they just don’t really get that loud, especially on the iPad and that there are frequent sound glitches and drops. Music mostly seems ok but apps that I use with sound in them don’t do well. For instance I use the Headspace app and it drops pretty consistently. I’ve made sure that the headphones have the latest firmware. They were manufactured in October 2023.

Is there anything that can be done to maybe fix this? Are Bose headphones unreliable with Apple products? I also have a year old pair of Airpod Pro 2s and they don’t have any issues.

Thanks

Alameda

macrumors 6502a
Jun 22, 2012

I have a new pair of Bose QC headphones that someone gave me for Christmas this year. I’ve connected them to my iPhone, my M2 iPad Pro, and my 2021 MBP and pretty much all three of the devices have issues with them. I have noticed that they just don’t really get that loud, especially on the iPad and that there are frequent sound glitches and drops. Music mostly seems ok but apps that I use with sound in them don’t do well. For instance I use the Headspace app and it drops pretty consistently. I’ve made sure that the headphones have the latest firmware. They were manufactured in October 2023.

Is there anything that can be done to maybe fix this? Are Bose headphones unreliable with Apple products? I also have a year old pair of Airpod Pro 2s and they don’t have any issues.

Thanks
I use them and I sometimes have to boost volume using the headphone volume control and also the Mac’s volume slider. Try that?

Reactions: Cape Dave

dizmonk

macrumors 65816
Nov 26, 2010

Thanks
I have them and the only problem I've had is sometimes the volume of phone calls is too low. Other people say they can't hear me unless I turn it up to the max. I have no problems hearing them. I have noticed that with the changes to Facetime, sometimes I have to manually select the headphones for calls.

sparksd

macrumors G3
Jun 7, 2015
Seattle WA
I had the 35's and now have the 45's and use them with my M1 12.9 and haven't had any volume or playback glitches with them, whether the source is video streaming, music, or apps. I got a pair of 35's for my wife that she uses with her Air 2 and she hasn't had any complaints - she loves them.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.