Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JaxGator3

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 12, 2015
After upgrading, I was prompted to change my local account password, since it was the same as my iCloud password. No problem, makes sense.

Now, however, I am prompted to enter both the new Account password and the iCloud password at login. The order of input is Account password => iCloud password. Further, the screen requiring the Account password has only my account listed. The screen requiring the iCloud password has both the guest and accounts available.

Anyone with this issue and have a resolution?

JaxGator3

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 12, 2015
Took the recommended step of turning file vault off (after decrypting for 36hrs ...). Double login, account password and iCloud password, issue is now gone, BUT login has reverted back to using only iCloud login! My expectation with turning file vault off was that my newly set account password would be required and used, and iCloud password would be removed from login and screen unlock,

Going to System Preferences -> Users and Groups and selecting Change Password, I am now notified that I am using an iCloud to login and unlock the screen. So, turning file vault has reverted back to using my previously set iCloud password. This was after being prompted, and following the recommendation, to change my account password during the high sierra upgrade process.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.