Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gadget123

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Apr 17, 2011
United Kingdom
I bought a second phone today a Pixel 7A. I think this will offer more than either IPhone 15 Pro or IPhone 15. I do plan to get IPhone 15 but most likely basic model. It’s only got an action button and smaller bezels but the Pixel has a 64mp camera and magic ereaser. I do hope the iPhone 15 has a few cool software updates like action mode and crash detection. I think that’s the only thing that can help it being undwhelming. Anybody else got a second phone to try and boost extra features IPhone lacks? Obviously that £450 could have went towards a Pro but seems there will be little between these cheaper ones this year.

Reactions: JiggyJaggy

RRC

macrumors 65816
Nov 3, 2020
I bought a 7a when it was released after selling my 14 Pro and had no issues with it, was a really nice phone but ultimately I just prefer iPhones and the fact that despite being the smallest new Pixel device it’s still really tall and a lot heavier than previous A model Pixels, so bought a new 13 mini (again) and I’m very happy with my decision.

gadget123

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Apr 17, 2011
United Kingdom
I bought a 7a when it was released after selling my 14 Pro and had no issues with it, was a really nice phone but ultimately I just prefer iPhones and the fact that despite being the smallest new Pixel device it’s still really tall and a lot heavier than previous A model Pixels, so bought a new 13 mini (again) and I’m very happy with my decision.
I looked at IPhone SE as a spare but already have an iPod touch. Sadly the iPhone battery only lasts me half a day. Heavy usage and takes around 30 mins to get half a charge so I require a spare anyway. iPhone 15 is due to have a better battery.

JCCL

macrumors 68000
Apr 3, 2010
Never seen an Android phone complimenting an iPhone 14 Pro…...but hey, those iPhones are good looking, definitely deserve the compliment

Reactions: nburwell

ab2c4

macrumors 6502
Sep 21, 2013
I have considered doing the same thing. With me I get bored of an OS after awhile which is why I switch back and forth. If I had both types of phones I wouldn’t have to.

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
I have an iPhone 11 Pro. This replaced my Pixel 3a XL, which I still have.

But my secondary phone is an iPhone 6s+, which is what the Pixel replaced when I moved to the Pixel. ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.