Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sasha.danielle

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 15, 2015
My data had overfilled my free 5 gb limit, so I paid for 50. But I’m still getting dialogue boxes that warn me my storage is full. When I go to iCloud in Settings, it says I only have 4.7 gb of 50 gb used. None of the photos and videos on either my iPad or iphone that I’ve taken since I started getting the full-storage dialogue boxes have uploaded. I’ve tried restarting.

Thoughts?

Chazzle

macrumors 68020
Jul 17, 2015
My data had overfilled my free 5 gb limit, so I paid for 50. But I’m still getting dialogue boxes that warn me my storage is full. When I go to iCloud in Settings, it says I only have 4.7 gb of 50 gb used. None of the photos and videos on either my iPad or iphone that I’ve taken since I started getting the full-storage dialogue boxes have uploaded. I’ve tried restarting.

Thoughts?
Is the message saying that your iPhone storage is full, or iCloud storage is full?

sasha.danielle

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 15, 2015
Is the message saying that your iPhone storage is full, or iCloud storage is full?
Good question. I’m 90 percent sure it’s icloud storage, but I can’t seem to get the dialogue box to pop up now. The recent photos are still not uploading, though, and neither my iPad nor my iPhone are half full.

pika2000

Suspended
Jun 22, 2007
Sometimes it takes a while for the iCloud system to register the usage fully. This happened to me when I joined iCloud family storage. iCloud was showing that I was still at my individual capacity while the graph already showed the full iCloud family combined storage. After a few hours, it’s all good.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.