Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

devilot

Moderator emeritus
May 1, 2005
jessica. said:
I bet she dumps you in less than a year.
12" or not!
hah
Not a smart girl... she would milk him for all he's worth! ;) *sorry, quite buzzed at the moment!*

dcv

macrumors G3
May 24, 2005
This thread is hysterical!! Am pishen masel reading it (and i'm not even scottish)

I'd take a 12 inch over a ring anyday ;) ...umm yeah, powerbook i mean... :eek:

tekmoe

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Feb 12, 2005
well, it happened...she dropped it.

it was in her backpack inside of the tucano second-skin i bought for her. the backpack fell off the hook in the locker and probably fell about 3 to 4 feet. the front left corner of the powerbook is now dented and looks deformed. ohhhh it hurts so bad.

i am trying to get over it, but geez, i am so mad right now. i know she didn't do it on purpose, but i have this huge ball of hate inside of me right now that i can't seem to get rid of. the powerbook functions fine, the lid opens and closes just like it did before. it's just that stupid dent. it sticks out like a big red thumb!

:(

iGary

May 26, 2004
Randy's House
tekmoe said:

it was in her backpack inside of the tucano second-skin i bought for her. the backpack fell off the hook in the locker and probably fell about 3 to 4 feet. the front left corner of the powerbook is now dented and looks deformed. ohhhh it hurts so bad.

i am trying to get over it, but geez, i am so mad right now. i know she didn't do it on purpose, but i have this huge ball of hate inside of me right now that i can't seem to get rid of. the powerbook functions fine, the lid opens and closes just like it did before. it's just that stupid dent. it sticks out like a big red thumb!

Bah!!!

Go get drunk. Only solution.

shadowmoses

macrumors 68000
Mar 6, 2005
tekmoe said:

Dang that must be annoying, it would have pissed me off so much especially if it was down to her taking bad care of the powerbook,

One thing i know is that if i had a 12" powerbook it would never get into a situation where dropping it is at all likely....

ShadOW

Abstract

macrumors Penryn
Dec 27, 2002
Location Location Location
I'm guessing this reflects badly on that Tucano product. I know that sleeves can't protect against everything, but being inside a laptop sleeve that was inside a backpack, and yet it gets dented after a 3 foot fall? Dang.

pna said:
This whole thread is making me think twice about posting after I give my brother a 12" in a couple of months.

Ew.

Wow, that's HAWT! :eek:

tekmoe

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Feb 12, 2005
yeah, and what's even worse is the backpack is a samsonite made for notebooks. it has the thick padding on the bottom of the backpack.

i guess she's lucky it was only a dent and not more...

dcv

macrumors G3
May 24, 2005
OMG i have a Tucano skin... right, mental note: don't carry the PB anywhere, keep it safe at home!

Actually the LA Robe sleeves look quite good, i recently bought one for my sister for her iBook and they are VERY nice and padded

devilot

Moderator emeritus
May 1, 2005
tekmoe said:
yeah, and what's even worse is the backpack is a samsonite made for notebooks. it has the thick padding on the bottom of the backpack.

i guess she's lucky it was only a dent and not more...
What a bummer... but you're right; at least it was only *ouch* cosmetic and not functionally boo-booed. Maybe invest in one of those notebook backpacks that actually suspend the laptop w/in its compartment in case of minor drops (doubt anything could help a 3-4 foot drop, really)?

FocusAndEarnIt

macrumors 601
May 29, 2005
tekmoe said:

I know your pain :(

Atleast the whole screen wasn't cracked like mine :eek:
Your lucky that's all that happened.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.