Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

OrangeCuse44

macrumors 65832
Oct 25, 2006
Since it does not fit into the dock with the ipod touch adapter, is there any other adapter it would work well with? Having to remove it everytime is a concern.

TheSpaz

macrumors 604
Original poster
Jun 20, 2005
Since it does not fit into the dock with the ipod touch adapter, is there any other adapter it would work well with? Having to remove it everytime is a concern.

Try one of the 5G 60GB adapters. Think of a thick iPod, then use that adapter.

Edit: You could always use NO adapter and the case and the iPod would fit into the Universal Dock. Just take your current adapter off.

Meadowlock

macrumors newbie
Nov 9, 2007
Same here....I couldn't get the front screen on without getting bubbles, and when I tried to adjust it, some dust got underneath. So I gave up on that also. Overall I really like the feel and look of the case.

If you have bubbles in the plastic just let it go, they will disappear after 2 or 3 days. I used Fellows WriteRight (which is cheaper at walmart ($5.88) than bestbuy ($17.99) by the way). I had some bubbles in the plastic, but it tells you to let it sit for a day or two to let the bubbles dissipate. Which I did, and they did.

I picked up this front and back screen protector from a guy on ebay. http://cgi.ebay.com/2pcs-Full-Skin-Screen-Protector-for-Apple-iPod-Touch_W0QQitemZ110191368186QQihZ001QQcategoryZ56171QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem They are supreme! Thin as nothing and great protection, plus it was only $.99 plus $2.99 shipping.

Here's some pictures after I put it on. Actually the flash made the film appear cloudy. It helps to see it in the picture, but isn't what it actually looks like, its completely transparent. What I didn't want was to change the thickness. Thats why I bought the Itouch instead of an Iphone in the first place.

Ipod1.jpg

Ipod2.jpg

Ipod3.jpg

idealcrash

macrumors newbie
Nov 10, 2007
screen protection

as far as screen protection goes, I just never took off the plastic film that originally came on the iPod. It works just fine until now;I got a silicone case from proporta and so far it is ok, although I can see a risk of dust getting under the cover, especially when I wipe the screen. Could anyone say what the risk of that happening with the iclear is?

ClassicBean

macrumors 6502a
Jun 20, 2004
Torontoland
I got this case for my touch:

http://www.zcover.com/zCover_Product_iPod_Touch_Original.htm

I went with the ice one for my unit and the pink one for the wife's.

Great protective case. Adds a bit of peace-of-mind in the event that you drop it.

It fits super-snug, but you'll find that it's slightly too big for the dock. Replacing the tray with another one (ie. iPod classic or whatever) doesn't solve the issue. However, they do sell dock replacement adapters for it.

Best thing about it is you can wear it on your belt, on your arm, or remove the clips altogether and have the unit completely flat.

DenniZ

macrumors 6502a
Oct 5, 2007
Liverpool, UK
invisible shield (this is a full body protection one)

30012007035.jpg

30012007034.jpg

30012007033.jpg

30012007032.jpg

couple small problems ...

1. orange peel effect ( plastic has a orange peel texture) can't notice it unless at certain angles

2. button is covered (with separate bit) so lose the tactile feedback of it. rather like how the button felt when you first got it when it had that plastic film on it.

3. edge of the bevel on the front where the outer silver thing meets the black has a air bubble running right around it because plastic covers whole of front.

Great protection, feels strong when you apply it.

bluush

macrumors 6502
Apr 20, 2007
Wow that case is atrocious looking. These aren't gen 1 Nano's, the screen won't scratch. The back might scratch, but even a scuffed chrome back isn't as bad as having some clunky plastic case wrapped around the entire thing - blick!

Dias

macrumors 6502
Sep 16, 2007
Hi TheSpaz, thanks for your feedbacks.

Since I'm interested too in iClear, can you confirm that inside iClear case Touch doesn't move even a little? I just don't want backside of my Touch scratch because of that. :)

Thanks in advance

dagored

macrumors 65816
Sep 18, 2007
Florida
Hi TheSpaz, thanks for your feedbacks.

Since I'm interested too in iClear, can you confirm that inside iClear case Touch doesn't move even a little? I just don't want backside of my Touch scratch because of that. :)

Thanks in advance

I'm not the spaz, but I have the iClear and it is snug. No movement whatsoever. My wife has one. Same. I think it is great. Bought from Wallymart for $14.99

Dias

macrumors 6502
Sep 16, 2007
Thanks dagored, it seems that I have no other options but to order one. :)

By the way, how much does it weight compared to Touch?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.