Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

The Game 161

macrumors Nehalem
Original poster
Dec 15, 2010
UK
After going through the different earbuds these are two I’m considering. Anybody got the Bragi earbuds? I’ve heard the reviews are a lot better after the software updates. Problem is on amazon they are £250 which is a lot more than the airpods. Just thinking sound wise which would be a better option.

twinlight

macrumors 6502a
Sep 4, 2016
They have alot more features. Personally its down to the fit in ear. If you want them now you only have one choice.

The Game 161

macrumors Nehalem
Original poster
Dec 15, 2010
UK
I'am tempted as i do want some earbuds with no cables. Guessing airpods won't be arriving till jan. Or at least when we can actually receive them

Paco II

macrumors 68020
Sep 13, 2009
Have you checked out the Bragi Headphones? Less features than the Dash but much cheaper.

I'am tempted as i do want some earbuds with no cables. Guessing airpods won't be arriving till jan. Or at least when we can actually receive them

xthine

macrumors 6502
Apr 29, 2015
USA
I have the Dash. The sound quality is decent and for me wears comfortably. They released a recent update that now allows Apple Watch connectivity, head gestures and myTap. What will you use them primarily for?

The Game 161

macrumors Nehalem
Original poster
Dec 15, 2010
UK
I have the Dash. The sound quality is decent and for me wears comfortably. They released a recent update that now allows Apple Watch connectivity, head gestures and myTap. What will you use them primarily for?
Mainly for gym and listening to going to work for example. I will use my Apple Watch for changing music so the fact it works well with that now seems like a bonus.

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016

It sure if you saw the Main page article from earlier today. Sounds like the Airpods may launch soon, with in a few weeks.

s1m

macrumors 6502a
Apr 28, 2008
I have the Dash and they are fantastic. I am also getting The Headphone for longer journeys. I don't like the bit that dangles out of your ears on the AirPods.

pesos

macrumors 6502a
Mar 30, 2006
I ordered the bragi headphone for the wife for xmas. Will see how it is. I may swing by the store and pick up airpods tomorrow if they have any. Can always return them.

SR71

macrumors 68000
Jan 12, 2011
Boston, MA
I ordered the bragi headphone for the wife for xmas. Will see how it is. I may swing by the store and pick up airpods tomorrow if they have any. Can always return them.

The Bragi Headphone would be a great option, but unfortunately the fact that they don't come with a charging case is a deal breaker for me. :/

Gregintosh

macrumors 68000
Jan 29, 2008
Chicago
They claim 6 hours of battery life, which is pretty good. Any idea if that also applies to voice calls? Apple claims 5 hours of listening and 2 hours of calling. If Bragi somehow managed to do 6 hours of any kind of use I would probably strongly consider ordering...

Ma2k5

macrumors 68030
Dec 21, 2012
London
Although I wouldn't mind testing the headphone, the dash has way too little battery life. It's features are also quite unwanted (fitness tracking), would have been better use of space for more battery life instead of sensors.

Paco II

macrumors 68020
Sep 13, 2009
This doesn't sound good:

"We appreciate people's patience and are currently working around the clock to ensure “The Headphone” is shipped as soon as possible. You will be receiving a mail from our communications team soon which will have full details of the current situation within the next 24 hours."

jclardy

macrumors 601
Oct 6, 2008
The reviews I've seen still state connection stability issues. Maybe they only work for short people (Less distance between your pocket and head.)

I do like their ongoing support and trying out additional gestures for controlling things, I'm hoping Apple adds some volume gestures.

xthine

macrumors 6502
Apr 29, 2015
USA
Mainly for gym and listening to going to work for example. I will use my Apple Watch for changing music so the fact it works well with that now seems like a bonus.

With the recent update the Dash (and I assume Headphone?) should be able to connect to your Apple Watch.
As long as you don't need heart rate monitoring/fitness tracking, internal storage or water resistance the Headphone will suffice.

------
I wonder if you could get more than 6 hours on the Headphone? I used by Dash yesterday on a 1.5 hour long trail run and continued to use it while walking the dog and washing 2 cars..I did not get the charge me voice prompt until hour 4. Had to leave the house before I was fully able to drain the battery. I was only using one earbud so not sure if that matters.

Paco II

macrumors 68020
Sep 13, 2009
It's official. Only some of the Bragi Headphones pre-orders will be delivered before the holiday. Sigh.

Paco II

macrumors 68020
Sep 13, 2009
So after some quick back and forth emails with Bragi support, when I pushed to find out if mine would be delivered or not this week, I suddenly get radio silence. Not cool.

mhoepfin

macrumors regular
Oct 8, 2014
I have both. I've had the Dash since it came out and got the AirPods today. Let me tell you their is no comparison, AirPods win hands down. Sound, quality on phone calls, comfort is much better on the AirPods.

Reactions: AdonisSMU

Paco II

macrumors 68020
Sep 13, 2009
Problem I have is that I know that the AirPods will not stay in my ears. Also, I change tracks too often to have to deal with Siri every time. Pretty bummed the Headphone is delayed, but hoping for the best. I need some option since AirPods won't work for me.

I have both. I've had the Dash since it came out and got the AirPods today. Let me tell you their is no comparison, AirPods win hands down. Sound, quality on phone calls, comfort is much better on the AirPods.

AdonisSMU

macrumors 604
Oct 23, 2010
I returned a pair of Braghi Dash earbuds and set up was the most painful setup experience I've had in years and don't even think about putting your phone in your left hand.

AirPods easily. I was expecting AirPods to be a cheap version of Braghi Dash. Instead it's the superior implementation.

Last edited:

Paco II

macrumors 68020
Sep 13, 2009
Respectfully, people need to stop comparing the Dash to the Headphone. Reviews have already indicated that the Headphone is a better product.

I returned a pair of Braghi Dash headphones and set up was the most painful setup experience I've had in years and don't even think about putting your phone in your left hand.

AirPods easily. I was expecting AirPods to be a cheap version of Braghi Dash. Instead it's the superior implementation.

AdonisSMU

macrumors 604
Oct 23, 2010
Respectfully, people need to stop comparing the Dash to the Headphone. Reviews have already indicated that the Headphone is a better product.
I mean the Braghi Dash earbuds....that cost me $300 bucks took 4-5 hours to sync with my phone. Then I could barely get it to work without cutting out and the sound was worse than Apple's old earpods. It was such a bad experience I immediately took them back the next day. There was just no redeeming them.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.