Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Stuey3D

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 8, 2014
Northamptonshire, United Kingdom
Hi all

I am planning to get an Apple Watch Ultra some time in the near future to replace my poor battered Series 6 44mm. I currently wear a size 10 Braided solo loop which is one of the most comfortable straps I have ever worn, for the most part the size 10 fits me well and the heart rate sensor makes good contact, occasionally it will feel a little looser and the watch has a little movement on my wrists but for the most part its a good fit.

My question is with the Ultra being a larger watch I assume this will make the Braided Solo Loop feel looser more often, is this the case and if so would it be wise to drop to a size 9 for the Ultra? Ultra owners what are your findings regarding this did you have to drop a size, or did your existing ones fit well enough, or is the Ultra that awkward size where the Braided Solo Loop wont work at all.

Tdosthp

macrumors 6502
Apr 27, 2015
What you describe has been my experience. On my S6, my Solo Loop and Braided we’re getting a little loose after almost two years. I tried to put them on my Ultra and they were much looser.

I think the additional weight of the Ultra factors in as well. I had the very first  WATCH in stainless steel, but have had aluminum since then and the Ultra’ weight was noticeable at first. I am used to it now, but my Solo and Braided loops are too loose.

Stuey3D

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 8, 2014
Northamptonshire, United Kingdom
What you describe has been my experience. On my S6, my Solo Loop and Braided we’re getting a little loose after almost two years. I tried to put them on my Ultra and they were much looser.

I think the additional weight of the Ultra factors in as well. I had the very first  WATCH in stainless steel, but have had aluminum since then and the Ultra’ weight was noticeable at first. I am used to it now, but my Solo and Braided loops are too loose.
My braided loop when it gets too loose I stick on a boil wash and then in the tumble dryer which seems to shrink it down quite well.

However I figured that would be the case with them being much looser on the Ultra, so I may get a size 9 and live with it being slightly tight until it loosens up a bit with age.

Tdosthp

macrumors 6502
Apr 27, 2015
My braided loop when it gets too loose I stick on a boil wash and then in the tumble dryer which seems to shrink it down quite well.

However I figured that would be the case with them being much looser on the Ultra, so I may get a size 9 and live with it being slightly tight until it loosens up a bit with age.

Thanks. I might try that.

tivoboy

macrumors 68040
May 15, 2005
On my LOOP bands for the AWU, dropping a size was required and perfect for fit. Bummer the other loops from prior 44/45 AW don’t work, but I still wear one of those watches anyway.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.