Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sebby

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 20, 2008
London, UK
I decided to buy a Braided Solo Loop for my 45mm S7. I used the printable Apple measurement tool which suggested a size 8. I received that yesterday and it was definitely too big. I tried using a piece of paper and measuring it as well, which also suggested a size 8. I saw the trick for determining the size from a Sport Band. I wear the S/M strap on the 3rd to last hole. This suggests a 7. I tried a 7 today and it's okay but I still think it's a bit loose. I guess I should really go to an Apple Store, as at this point I think I might even need a 5!

I just wondered what everyone else's experience is.

alamagator

macrumors newbie
Sep 20, 2009
Measured a 7. Way too big. Tried a 6 and still loose, but better. Went with the 5. A little snug, but not uncomfortable. Could loosen with time and be perfect.

Reactions: The Cockney Rebel

Amyjolovesmusic

macrumors newbie
Sep 12, 2023
When I bought my watch in August, I thought a size 2 would fit best as the 1 was a little to hard to get over my hand. After 2 days I went back to the Apple store and switched out for a size 1 which is perfect. I would suggest get a band that seems a little too tight, because it will stretch out some putting it on and taking it off. Months later the size 1 is perfect. It stretched out a little but not much.

Reactions: Sebby

soulsteelgray

macrumors regular
Mar 20, 2012
By Apple’s own print at home tool and using a measuring tape, I was supposed to be somewhere around a 3 or 4.

In store, a 2 seemed best.

I settled on size 1 and rationalized that it would eventually stretch out. The first couple of days, it felt a little tight, then got better the more I wore it.

It eventually stretched out a bit too loose for my liking, but I threw it into the wash (was about time anyway) and it shrunk back down a bit.

Reactions: Sebby and addamas

Kevsurf

macrumors member
Oct 26, 2014
Just received my woven today. I measured between 9 and 10 and ordered the 9. Way too big...

snapplecrisp

macrumors regular
Jul 23, 2023
I honestly can’t remember what size I was using the print tool, but I’m guessing a 4, since that’s the size I purchased (online!) in a regular silicone Solo Loop. It was comfortable, but a little loose, so I tried a 3, which is perfect for me. I’d probably advise someone to try them on in store (or borrow a friend’s!) if at all possible; it was a big enough difference that I think I would have noticed it right away in person.

I went through essentially the same process with braided; I bought a size 3 since it fit in the silicone style, but found that was too loose so I purchased a 2 and am absolutely in love. the Solo Loops are my favorite bands, hands down, and I find them incredibly comfortable (ESPECIALLY the braided ones).

(Come to think of it… I’m working from home today and my band won’t be an accessory for a real outfit, so I’m totally going to swap in a new-to-me BSL that hasn’t gotten much weartime yet. 😁)

Tl;dr — When it comes to sizing I’m a size 3 in regular Solo Loops and in the Braided Solo Loops I size down to a 2.

Reactions: LucylouZ

snapplecrisp

macrumors regular
Jul 23, 2023
Oh, and I guess the Sport Band trick works for me — I’m on a 40mm watch using the small/medium straps with the SpBa; I use the third hole down on the band and I’m a Size 3 in silicone Solo Loops. YMMV, obviously, but that trick is accurate for me.

LucylouZ

Contributor
Jun 15, 2020
I honestly can’t remember what size I was using the print tool, but I’m guessing a 4, since that’s the size I purchased (online!) in a regular silicone Solo Loop. It was comfortable, but a little loose, so I tried a 3, which is perfect for me. I’d probably advise someone to try them on in store (or borrow a friend’s!) if at all possible; it was a big enough difference that I think I would have noticed it right away in person.

I went through essentially the same process with braided; I bought a size 3 since it fit in the silicone style, but found that was too loose so I purchased a 2 and am absolutely in love. the Solo Loops are my favorite bands, hands down, and I find them incredibly comfortable (ESPECIALLY the braided ones).

(Come to think of it… I’m working from home today and my band won’t be an accessory for a real outfit, so I’m totally going to swap in a new-to-me BSL that hasn’t gotten much weartime yet. 😁)

Tl;dr — When it comes to sizing I’m a size 3 in regular Solo Loops and in the Braided Solo Loops I size down to a 2.
I haven’t tried any of the braided solo loops yet and would love to get the raspberry…I wear a size 7 regular solo and like it loosely worn. Almost to the point it could slip around a little. Would you recommend still going down one size or should I stay with the 7???

snapplecrisp

macrumors regular
Jul 23, 2023
I haven’t tried any of the braided solo loops yet and would love to get the raspberry…I wear a size 7 regular solo and like it loosely worn. Almost to the point it could slip around a little. Would you recommend still going down one size or should I stay with the 7???
Great question. You might actually want to stay at your regular size! And if you’re wearing it looser, it may not get as stretched out (another reason why folks opt for a smaller size). I think I still have my size 3 BSL… I’ll try it out later today. 😁

toughkitty5

macrumors member
Apr 12, 2011
I agree with snapplecrisp. I think you should get size 7 cuz braided solo loops gets looser.

Godspeed8230

macrumors regular
Jul 5, 2021
Yes, if you can always go to an Apple Store before buying a solo loop. I measured a 4 at home and needed a 3 at the store.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.