Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacBainNO

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 16, 2017
My size 6 braided solo loop is now almost 3mm longer then my size 7 rubber one.
Is this acceptable or can I request a new one from Apple since the watch is way to loose now?.
Or is there something I can do to shrink the band?.

xenoako

macrumors 6502
Apr 30, 2021
I have essentially the same question. Is there an Apple warranty that would come into play?

waw74

macrumors 601
May 27, 2008
I've also got the braided one and it has stretched, so I've stopped wearing it. I haven't tried to replace it yet.

you can try getting a replacement, you might have better luck if you have apple care on your watch. as a lot of times they will include accessories in that.
I've had them replace phone cases that weren't bought with the phone as part of the phones coverage. Thin I did it with a genius appointment.

Reactions: xenoako

xenoako

macrumors 6502
Apr 30, 2021
When I picked up a 5th gen iPP on 5/21, the Apple store employee mentioned something about possible warranty coverage of some type. I am taking the band and original box + receipt this morning for a session linked to a 4th gen iPP trade-in.
I have a vague memory that one of my early iPhones did not perform well when dropped on a certain surface and Apple was quick to resolve even without AC.

Knowlege Bomb

macrumors G4
Feb 14, 2008
US
Mine still fits as snug as the day I got it. I was actually hoping it would stretch a bit because it’s tight enough to leave imprints but the next size up was too loose for me.

xenoako

macrumors 6502
Apr 30, 2021
I no longer find my band useable. An Apple Store 'genius' tried to see if it was covered under the Apple Watch warranty, but the answer was no especially since I did not have AC.
They recommended that I buy even smaller next time since the band is known to stretch, but I have no interest is another 4 month experiment.

iSayuSay

macrumors 68040
Feb 6, 2011
Welp.. that's the drawback of being solo loop, single sized band. You just have to be specific to fit in. A little change (you're getting slimmer or bigger) means $49 down the toilet.

BugeyeSTI

macrumors 604
Aug 19, 2017
Arizona/Illinois
Welp.. that's the drawback of being solo loop, single sized band. You just have to be specific to fit in. A little change (you're getting slimmer or bigger) means $49 down the toilet.
Braided solo loop is $99 U.S. which is what everyone is discussing. $100 is a rough pill to swallow if you only get 4 months use out of it.

PaladinGuy

macrumors 68000
Sep 22, 2014
I think there’s a lot going on with this topic. I tried a size down and the exact, recommended size for my braided solo loop. Now that it’s summer, I’m extremely glad I went with the exact, recommended size. Your wrist changes size some through the day constantly. It will feel loose at times and tighter at times. There’s not really a way around that. You can pick. It will either be slightly tight at times or slightly looser at times. I personally found the HR monitor is less accurate when the watch is super tight. Hence my decision. Honestly, I would probably not be able to wear the size down in hot weather, even after it had stretched some.

TLDR: The exact, recommended size from apple worked best for me. Mine has not stretched very much. My wrist just changed throughout the day, making it feel a little different.

ericgtr12

macrumors 68000
Mar 19, 2015
I measured out perfectly at 7 on the paper measuring band and when it came it was way too lose, I ended up going into the Apple Store and settled on a 5, it was a little tight but now has settled in just right.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.