Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

stevento

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 10, 2006
Los Angeles
I read an article that said extreme brand loyalty and consumers' passion about a brand is key to Apple's growth.
If Apple's consumers were like other computer consumers, it'd be like "i'll buy one to fit my needs and not buy another one until i need another one"
but with apple consumers its like "omg my favorite brand released an update version of something i already have; i cant wait to run out and buy another one"
the guy on here with 23 iPods is an example of this.

th MWSF seems to be driving this idea.
the iPhone is nothing more than an iPod mixed with a phone mixed with a palm pilot.
it seems like everyone wants it just because apple made it, same with the new apple tv. and the HD and battery life leave much to be desired, so when apple fixes those problems i bet half of iPhone buyers will get another one.

it seems like apple has its consumer base and selles overpriced things to them over and over again.

Mr_Brightside_@

macrumors 68040
Sep 23, 2005
Toronto
Does this mean that if I have no cell phone and am still using my iPod mini, that I'm allowed to buy the iPhone?

No nevermind about that, that's just me being cynical. The sad fact is that you're completely right. I don't know what stage of life you're at, but in my high school there is WAY too much of this. It amazes me how much people my age get for doing so little, an Xbox 360, PS3, maybe even a Wii (for example) wouldn't be unimaginable for some of these kids to have (if there was a bigger supply of them). Anyway that's my two bits. I'm in Canada, making the iPhone useless (for now).

gkarris

macrumors G3
Dec 31, 2004
"No escape from Reality...”
I like buying a product that just WORKS. Macs do that. If Dells do that and Apples don't, then I'll buy Dells.

As far as brand loyalty, I have this to say:

Camping out for a $599 PS3....

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.