Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Rextex

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 28, 2018
Long story short, apple ****ed up my screen while fixing the battery on my old iphone and gave me a replacement. I heard pretty bad things about 11.4 and I was wondering what are YOUR experiences with 11.4

baas

macrumors regular
Dec 20, 2016
Doesn't hurt to wait for 11.4.1 which will probably released within weeks.

LoveToMacRumors

macrumors 68030
Feb 15, 2015
Canada
Long story short, apple ****ed up my screen while fixing the battery on my old iphone and gave me a replacement. I heard pretty bad things about 11.4 and I was wondering what are YOUR experiences with 11.4
Are you still on iOS 10? If yes, keep it

davidmartindale

macrumors regular
Jan 28, 2011
PNW, USA
The only issues I have had or really seen with iOS 11.4 is issues with Messages in iCloud syncing. Other OS features all seem to work fine

Minorite

macrumors 6502a
May 8, 2018
Poland
It should run better in general but due to the battery drain bug I would suggest to wait for 11.4.1. Better safe than sorry!

Guacamole

macrumors 6502a
Jun 21, 2011
It should run better in general but due to the battery drain bug I would suggest to wait for 11.4.1. Better safe than sorry!

why 11.4.1 ? where does it say the battery issue will be addressed ?

after the battery fiasco of Ios11 , shouldn't have been fixed on 11.3 or 14 ?

I'm still on 10.3.3 and I don't want to risk to update and have battery drain issues

iPhone 6s plus here too

Minorite

macrumors 6502a
May 8, 2018
Poland
why 11.4.1 ? where does it say the battery issue will be addressed ?

after the battery fiasco of Ios11 , shouldn't have been fixed on 11.3 or 14 ?

I'm still on 10.3.3 and I don't want to risk to update and have battery drain issues

iPhone 6s plus here too

Guys on reddit that had same battery issues posted that they were resolved on 11.4.1 beta, and as 11.4.1 should be bug-fix patch I think (I'm an optimist, I know) that Apple will fix a frequent bug.

Rextex

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 28, 2018
What is on it now? 11.4 has been rock solid on my 6s. I had lots of issues with every version of iOS 11 until 11.3.

I had SOOOOO many issues on my old 6s being on 11.3!! The battery was absolute **** and I didnt realize this until they have me a new 6s Plus! When they assessed my old phone for battery replacement, they said it was at 80% capacity and didnt need replacement. I went on to get it anyway.

The battery in the new one gives me 1 and a half day use with normal use and a full day after heavy use.

Photogdave

macrumors regular
Dec 20, 2011
I had SOOOOO many issues on my old 6s being on 11.3!! The battery was absolute **** and I didnt realize this until they have me a new 6s Plus! When they assessed my old phone for battery replacement, they said it was at 80% capacity and didnt need replacement. I went on to get it anyway.

The battery in the new one gives me 1 and a half day use with normal use and a full day after heavy use.

I can speak personally 11 is now better.
So I've had a 6s Plus since its debut. Recently had battery replaced. And stayed at 10.3.3 until this week. I didn't want to deal with any issues, my phone was working fine.
My daughter has a 6s and wanted iMovie and App store wouldn't let download because of 10.3.3.
Shes been experiencing issues with her phone so I was gonna wipe it anyway. I've found that fixes a lot of problems. About every 15mths or so just wipe it and set up as new. Amazing the things it fixes.

So anyway, wiped her phone, installed 11.4.0 and her phone was so much faster than mine it was unreal. So my wife has same phone as I do(6sPlus). I wiped hers, installed 11.4 and compared hers to mine side by side. She mopped the floor with my phone. So I did mine, have been very pleased with it. Battery good, speed very snappy. The lag seems to be the best part, very little lag. I'm trying to use this phone until it quits. When i went to Apple store earlier this year for battery, I was racing mine against the X, kicking its ass in front of all those customers. The blue shirts were getting mad at me. Pay $1000 for a phone the get beat by a 2 generation older phone sucks.

bodonnell202

macrumors 68030
Jan 5, 2016
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
I can speak personally 11 is now better.
So I've had a 6s Plus since its debut. Recently had battery replaced. And stayed at 10.3.3 until this week. I didn't want to deal with any issues, my phone was working fine.
My daughter has a 6s and wanted iMovie and App store wouldn't let download because of 10.3.3.
Shes been experiencing issues with her phone so I was gonna wipe it anyway. I've found that fixes a lot of problems. About every 15mths or so just wipe it and set up as new. Amazing the things it fixes.

So anyway, wiped her phone, installed 11.4.0 and her phone was so much faster than mine it was unreal. So my wife has same phone as I do(6sPlus). I wiped hers, installed 11.4 and compared hers to mine side by side. She mopped the floor with my phone. So I did mine, have been very pleased with it. Battery good, speed very snappy. The lag seems to be the best part, very little lag. I'm trying to use this phone until it quits. When i went to Apple store earlier this year for battery, I was racing mine against the X, kicking its ass in front of all those customers. The blue shirts were getting mad at me. Pay $1000 for a phone the get beat by a 2 generation older phone sucks.
Your 6s+ was probably being throttled on 10.3.3 (even if your battery was fine) since throttling was introduced with 10.2.1. All the issues I was having with my iPhone 6s (including poor battery life) disappeared when I upgraded to 11.3 (and has been fine since, now on 11.4), and since iOS 12 is looking good on the 6s I may just have to take advantage of a cheap battery replacement at the Apple Store (my battery is currently somewhere between 85% and 92% now, depending on whether you trust Coconut Battery or Apple Battery Health more) and keep my 6s another year.

Tech198

Cancelled
Mar 21, 2011

Honestly? I wish I could go back to 10.3.3 Seriously, there are about as many "Siri & Search" suggestions "per app" an optional "Show app". options to disable, as Windows 10 privacy settings are..

10.3.3 has just one option or each app. Otherwise, performance is better.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.