Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mediapirate

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 11, 2007
I just picked up a brand new MB 2.4Ghz from my local Microcenter. I have owned two Macbook Pros but this is the first macbook. I notice that the fonts on the screen don't look as they're rendering correctly. If I am not facing the screen straight on they have fade points. The best I can describe would be using a typewriter with a bad ink ribbon. If you look at the letters on the paper they're not dark but rather uneven or faded. I'm really concerned because personally I think it look bad. I don't believe I can capture what I'm seeing with my digital camera but I'll give a shot in a bit.

MP

ipodtouchy333

macrumors 65816
Nov 15, 2007
US
This concerns me a little to as I am considering my first ma to be a blackbook soon. It may be that you have been used to MBP LED screens but I have heard that the macbook acreens definately aren't the greatest.

gtimark

macrumors member
Nov 2, 2005
High Desert, CA
I know what you mean. I think I'm learning to live with it, because the rest of the display is OK -- it's only the small fonts. You can mess around with the settings under "appearances" in the system preferences, but I haven't had much luck.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.