Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Annieofm

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 22, 2008
:mad:I have a brand new iphone, locked to UK o2 network (from o2):apple: and upon connecting it to my pc (windows XP).
My pc recognizes the iphone, but itunes doesnt not load up, and doesnt sync with the iphone, I have reinstalled itunes and restarted my pc several times and it has done nothing?
I have the newest version of itunes, and i have done diagnostic tests, and it just says no ipod/iphone found.
please can someone help? will provide more detailed information if i can, I am rather computer literate, and have had this problem with ipods in the past, but this is just baffling...
Many thanks in advance.
*update*
I called apple helpline and they told me to disable my windows from loading the camera part, so i did that, and still nothing, itunes doesnt recognize it at all...
I meet all the requirements apple state, which was also confirmed over the phone, it would be really good if someone could help? ive been doing this constantly for two evenings running now and havent got any further rom where I started. its a brand new unactivated 8gb iphone, which will not connect to itunes.

markym07931

macrumors regular
May 14, 2008
have you tried a friends computer...

sounds stupid this next one does, but it might work... - create a new user account on windows, log into that and see if itunes recognises it there..

it could be that there is some software lurking on your log in that it doesn't like..

disable anti virus etc etc, these are all valid options for faffing around trying to get it to work..

M

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.