Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pet84rik

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 19, 2017
Prague, Czech republic
Hi there,

we have a MBA A2337 that won't even boot into recovery now. It tries to do it (Apple logo and progress bar) for a few seconds and then restarts into the boot loop.

Before that, we have had issue reinstalling the OS so one of my colleagues tried bunch of stuff from the internet.

Is there anything we can try before sending it to the service?

Pressure

macrumors 603
May 30, 2006
Denmark
Hi there,

we have a MBA A2337 that won't even boot into recovery now. It tries to do it (Apple logo and progress bar) for a few seconds and then restarts into the boot loop.

Before that, we have had issue reinstalling the OS so one of my colleagues tried bunch of stuff from the internet.

Is there anything we can try before sending it to the service?
Restore it with another Mac using Apple Configurator connected with a USB-C or Thunderbolt 4 cable.

The fact that it is turning on means it isn't the NAND flash that died with the recovery partition.

Last edited:

rocketbuc

macrumors 6502
Oct 18, 2017
Could it be an option to boot off a USB thumb drive with a recovery participation on it?

O3hdfatboy

macrumors newbie
Sep 25, 2023
NC
New here and new to MacOS, just got a MBA M1 from a friend last week that would flash apple logo and get blank screen. Im on it right now.
Been a pain. Prob fought it several hrs of forcing restarts. Wife said I was either determined or stubborn. Lol
Works perfect, Running Sonoma. Dont give up.

Reactions: Tagbert
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.