Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

matram

macrumors 6502a
Sep 18, 2011
Sweden
There is a huge thread on this topic which you may want to check. It took me two days to read through it :)

My summary is that look for the "PanicString" that will give you the root cause of the problem. The fact that the T2 act as a watchdog and reports catastrophic errors, does not necessarily mean that the problem lies with the T2.

chrfr

macrumors G5
Jul 11, 2009
Anyone else getting these? New to the T2 machines and not sure what they are or whether I should be concerned?

Anyone?
Just because the panic mentions BridgeOS doesn't mean that's the actual cause of the panic. Post a log here.

Reactions: me55

dspdoc

macrumors 68000
Mar 7, 2017
Known issue ongoing for a long long time. Since the T2 chip arrived. Have a Google search.

matram

macrumors 6502a
Sep 18, 2011
Sweden
In terminal:
/Library/Logs/DiagnosticReports/ProxiedDevice-Bridge. Logs may be in the Retired sub-folder.

In the console app look for DiagnosticReports > ProxiedDevice-Bridge.

In the log lock for "PanicString" this is the root cause for the problem that is reported by the BridgeOs.

Reactions: g75d3

randomgeeza

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 12, 2014
United Kingdom
"panicString" : "panic(cpu 0 caller 0xfffffff02132cdd0): macOS panic detected\nDebugger message: panic\nMemory ID: 0x6\nOS version: 17P1600\nmacOS version: 19B2106

matram

macrumors 6502a
Sep 18, 2011
Sweden
The "paniString" wraps over several lines. Later down you may find information about "Panicked thread". You could try searching the rest of the log for the thread id.

There should also be a "macOSPanicString", though it may only say something like "Bad magic - no log available".

pshifrin

macrumors 6502a
Mar 14, 2010
Got Bad Magic! twice today on a brand new 16 inch from an Apple Retail store with a pretty early build date (late September) according to coconut battery. This was while setting up a fresh install and just installing apps. Not a migration, just signed into iCloud and downloading previously purchased apps from the App Store. It's going right back tomorrow!

Plutonius

macrumors G3
Feb 22, 2003
New Hampshire, USA
Anyone else getting these? New to the T2 machines and not sure what they are or whether I should be concerned?

Anyone?

If you are within the 14 day return period, I would return it and get another.

T2 problems have been occurring since Apple started using the T2 although the problems appear to have mostly been fixed.

cap7ainclu7ch

macrumors 6502
Jun 30, 2010
I had a few crashes when my 16" was new, but after a few days in I haven't gotten another one for the past two weeks. Not sure if I should swap mine out or not as I don't want to run into issues down the line. Could it be a software issue while indexing/setting up?

randomgeeza

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 12, 2014
United Kingdom
I swapped the machine out. Not because of the crash, but other issues that became apparent. There was slight backlight bleed, and when you touched the bottom case, there was a squeak...? And this far, on the replacement machine I haven't had any of those issues. Still got the popping speakers though...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.