Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TorontoSS

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 9, 2009
IMG_1575.jpeg
Hello - I have a small random bright spot on my M2 MacBook Air. There seems to be a tiny dot which shines around it and I only see it on light backgrounds.

I don’t know how I got it as I actually am quite careful with my MacBook (unlike my work laptop). Only thing I can think of is maybe a spec or something small was on the keyboard when I closed it sometime. I can’t think of anything else.

I have AppleCare+ though. Would apple cover this or would it be considered accidental damage? Does anyone know how this is caused?

Thanks!

TorontoSS

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 9, 2009
thanks for replying - no it does not move around. it's just there all the time as long as the screen has a light background on it. if it's dark, you can't see.

TorontoSS

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 9, 2009
For anyone who may find this useful, I went to Apple today and the individual said it’s a “dull pixel cluster” and he said it happens. As I had AppleCare (and in any case it was under warranty anyway) Apple just took it in for the screen to be repaired and it was all covered. Otherwise the repair cost would have been £450.

neo_cs193p

macrumors regular
May 17, 2016
I had something like that on my M2 MBA display. Not so close to the corner and perhaps a bit bigger (few square millimeters).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.