Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

themacpronovice2022

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 7, 2022
Hello, I’m working on a project my self I have been. I just had throw away my iMac last month becuase I Fried it and I forgot you could buy a new logic board oops. Oh well. Anyways I’m looking at the 2011 and 2010 21” and 27” iMacs and creating an open core package for them just like Martin lo did for the Mac Pro, except I have no idea where to start so I thought I asked, so if someone could help me get started and get me the right pointers and guides that be greate.

Nguyen Duc Hieu

macrumors 68030
Jul 5, 2020
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
Hello, I’m working on a project my self I have been. I just had throw away my iMac last month becuase I Fried it and I forgot you could buy a new logic board oops. Oh well. Anyways I’m looking at the 2011 and 2010 21” and 27” iMacs and creating an open core package for them just like Martin lo did for the Mac Pro, except I have no idea where to start so I thought I asked, so if someone could help me get started and get me the right pointers and guides that be greate.

I assume you understand that you will need a fully working and functional iMac to begin with.
Your iMac must run High Sierra with the latest update before applying the Opencore to install later Mac OS.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.